Quick poll. Which Wheel Colour to go for with a black estate?

Black car with OZ Ultraleggeras, What colour wheel do you think will go best? (Option to pick 2)

• Total voters

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Hi,

Just after some advice here.

I fancy changing my rims this summer and going down to 18" from the current 19".

Looking to save a bit of unsprung weight by getting the Oz Ultraleggera.

They come in a number of finishes: Bronze, Gold, Graphite, Silver and Black.

My car is black so what does anyone think will go best? Would appreciate some help choosing.

seat 7.jpg

shopping (1).png

shopping (2).png

shopping (3).png

shopping (4).png

shopping.png

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Hot pink not a choice?

2 or 3 I reckon.
Haha yeah they seem to have every shade BUT pink lol.

I think I agree with you actually. I'm leaning towards gold. I used to have a white Impreza about 20 years ago with gold wheels.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Graphite or bronze would be my choice. I really like Oz Ultraleggera.

Good to see someone considering alloys that aren’t diamond cut 👍 (I dislike diamond cut alloys with a passion!).

Reactions: Black300ST

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi,

Just after some advice here.

I fancy changing my rims this summer and going down to 18" from the current 19".

Looking to save a bit of unsprung weight by getting the Oz Ultraleggera.

They come in a number of finishes: Bronze, Gold, Graphite, Silver and Black.

My car is black so what does anyone think will go best? Would appreciate some help choosing.

View attachment 36013
View attachment 36014
View attachment 36015
View attachment 36016
View attachment 36017
View attachment 36018
Bronze or Graphite would be my first choice depending on the finish seen in person, looks brown on that photo lol

The silver.

Gold but I'd get a different wheel if it was gold.

Black has to go absolute last, you lose all the detail in the wheel. Plus on a black car you want the wheels to offer some contrast.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Black looks good in my opinion. There’s no chrome on the car so black alloys would match the black accents too. All black everything 🎵

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Graphite or bronze would be my choice. I really like Oz Ultraleggera.

Good to see someone considering alloys that aren’t diamond cut 👍 (I dislike diamond cut alloys with a passion!).
Yes I detest diamond cut with a passion too.

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Are 18s the smallest that can fit onto a Leon Cupra? If so, is this the same for the hatch too?
I'm not 100% sure. As long as it clears the brakes it should be ok, but I personally wouldn't want to go less than 18s because I'm thinking of going for a Big Brake Kit at some point, ready for when I go stage 3.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Haha yeah they seem to have every shade BUT pink lol.

I think I agree with you actually. I'm leaning towards gold. I used to have a white Impreza about 20 years ago with gold wheels.
LOL! I was gonig to say that the gold wheels would make it look like an Impreza!

I like the graphite (I think) - Not a fan of `glossy` wheels.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I found this site, and the top image changes the wheel colours for you. From the pic its not actually a Cupra (Looks like a mix of FR and Elegance) and the wheel size is more like 20" when you choose the 19" wheel options (18" looks more like 19" though :) ), but gives a bit of an idea.

This is the OZ Ultraleggera in Graphite:

On the top image, you can click on the icons (in the bottom right f the image) to change the car colour, the background and how much to lower the car (think 45mm is actually about stock)

• Love

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
I found this site, and the top image changes the wheel colours for you. From the pic its not actually a Cupra (Looks like a mix of FR and Elegance) and the wheel size is more like 20" when you choose the 19" wheel options (18" looks more like 19" though :) ), but gives a bit of an idea.

This is the OZ Ultraleggera in Graphite:

On the top image, you can click on the icons (in the bottom right f the image) to change the car colour, the background and how much to lower the car (think 45mm is actually about stock)
That's brilliant. Thanks. I don't understand in this age of CGI why more alloy wheel providers don't do something like this. Sure it would be a lot of cars to store on a database but it can't be that hard to do surely?

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Had a play around with that and came up with this in a new finish that i didn't even know they did (White Gold). Unfortunately it would only do it in 19 rather than 18 but like you said, they look like 20s :ROFLMAO:.

I think this looks pretty awesome. What do you guys think?

white gold.jpg

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
I like it lots 😎👍
Imho the only flys in the ointment might be the no profile tyres that may be required for geometry, ride height and correct rolling radius.

Flys being (dis)comfort and handling/tramlining etc🤔

They really do look good tho 🤘

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
I like it lots 😎👍
Imho the only flys in the ointment might be the no profile tyres that may be required for geometry, ride height and correct rolling radius.

Flys being (dis)comfort and handling/tramlining etc🤔

They really do look good tho 🤘
Yeah totally. That's one of the reasons I wanted 18s rather than the current 19, for ride comfort as well as a bit of weight saving, but they only seem to do that finish in 19" for some peculiar reason. In 18 they only do regular gold which isn't as good. They might do it to special order maybe?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Is your car lowered? If it is I think 18's look great.

The Ultraleggeras are already a very light wheel, so you'll already notice a difference with the unspring weight. More so with the 18's, but then you don't get the best tyre option (PS4S) in 18".

Personally with the weight saving of ULtraleggeras already, I'd say 19's would still be a good choice, and the better choice (visually) if you're not lowered.

18's are the better option overall and for bumpier surfaces, but you may miss the sharper steering response of the 19's and more so depending on the tyre. If you're going 18" you can still get Michelin PSS. Arguably a smigin better in the dry than PS4S, but a big step down in the wet.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Is your car lowered? If it is I think 18's look great.

The Ultraleggeras are already a very light wheel, so you'll already notice a difference with the unspring weight. More so with the 18's, but then you don't get the best tyre option (PS4S) in 18".

Personally with the weight saving of ULtraleggeras already, I'd say 19's would still be a good choice, and the better choice (visually) if you're not lowered.

18's are the better option overall and for bumpier surfaces, but you may miss the sharper steering response of the 19's and more so depending on the tyre. If you're going 18" you can still get Michelin PSS. Arguably a smigin better in the dry than PS4S, but a big step down in the wet.
You can get PS4S in 225/40/18 now

Reactions: Damo H
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.