Radiator caused damage to coolant pipe

dark_dev

Dec 8, 2017
Few days ago was driving home and the Low Coolant level warning light came on !

Rang dealership and advised to top it up. Two days later it come on again. I checked levels and was low again. Rang dealership ans moved my service forward a week (as is due end of April).

Road side assistance came to check the car was safe to drive to dealership and this is what he found.

The radiator had unmounted and pressed on the coolant pipe pushing it onto the belt on engine. Therefore burning a hole in it.

He claimed must have banged it against something. Or someone had hit my car in car park etc.

Theres no visible damage to the car front or any other side. Everything is prestige. How could this happen?

Any advice taking it into the garage tomorrow. I genuinely think it's a manufacturing fault ans should be covered by the warranty.

Car is 12months old and 3.56k miles on clock (I don't drive as much as used to with working from home ).

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK

Rang dealership and advised to top it up. Two days later it come on again. I checked levels and was low again. Rang dealership ans moved my service forward a week (as is due end of April).

Road side assistance came to check the car was safe to drive to dealership and this is what he found.

The radiator had unmounted and pressed on the coolant pipe pushing it onto the belt on engine. Therefore burning a hole in it.

He claimed must have banged it against something. Or someone had hit my car in car park etc.

Theres no visible damage to the car front or any other side. Everything is prestige. How could this happen?

Any advice taking it into the garage tomorrow. I genuinely think it's a manufacturing fault ans should be covered by the warranty.

Car is 12months old and 3.56k miles on clock (I don't drive as much as used to with working from home ).
Take a look here : https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/re-call.471976/

Might be some more detail elsewhere too.

Definitely should be covered under warranty imo. Virtually impossible to damage the radiator without sustaining some damage elsewhere. Let us know how you get on.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022

I seem to recall problems of a similar nature happening with other VAG brands, not sure about the Formentor specifically but I'm sure someone will add some more credence to my recollections.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I seem to recall problems of a similar nature happening with other VAG brands, not sure about the Formentor specifically but I'm sure someone will add some more credence to my recollections.
It’s been an issue on the mk8 Golf GTI (not sure about other models) - mainly cars in the USA though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.