Random relay clicking??

Astrasignumleonowner

Oct 2, 2020
Hi all,so I've been putting on 1200 to 1400 Mike's a week on my 2004 tdi130 for 6 months now probably amd yesterday I kept hearing clicking sound from behind the dash..sometimes fast so.e times slow and other times just a click or 2 then nothing to for 10 minutes then goes nuts again 1🤔 weirdly if I indicate or put the hazards on it stops going mental and sounds the indicator clicking on off ???

Doing my head in now as I keep thinking I've left the indicator on

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It's your hazard module. I had it when I first got my car and was convinced I was driving around with my indicators randomly going off. I don't know why, because it was before I started doing my own work on the car, but they replaced the hazard module (the bit that's in the centre console) and it's never happened since.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
OK mate thanks for the fast reply mate.ill get on to that ASAP as it will get a pasting woth a hammer soon haha
I'm pretty sure the part number is 1M0 941 509. I threw out the box mine came in just a month or two ago when I was clearing stuff out, but the number seems to check out.

Plenty of breakers will have them, so no need to splash out a ton of money - let's hope that's the case anyway, because if they go, it can cause a whole world of problems.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Ahhh the actual hazard switch 👍👍👍👍
Yep - they're pretty easy to take out - just run something thin either side so it unclips and pulls out. They seem pretty straightforward and you might even be able to fix it if you know electronics, but that's never been my thing. From what I've read over the years, it's that module that's responsible for your indicators, so even though it's the button for your hazards, if it's not working properly, it can stop your indicators from working completely.

If it helps though, your indicators aren't flashing when it clicks (I even had someone follow me on a drive to make sure), but if you can get it sorted, best to do it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.