Starter motor

crc_73

Mar 24, 2016
I was having some electrical problems a few weeks ago, I have another thread on that, but the last time I tried starting the car, it was starting ok, but don't ask me why, but when I parked it up where it is now, I thought the electrical problems were causing immobiliser shut-offs, so I tried starting the car 3 or 4 times within about a minute.

The first 2 times it started ok, the 3rd time, it sounded laboured and barely started, and the 4th time, there was nothing. But I thought I saw some smoke rising from the engine, I was in the car, so looking through the small gap between the upright bonnet and the bottom edge of the windscreen, so I might be mistaken.

I can hear the off-load relay (100) under the dash clicking when I turn the key to on, but nothing from the starter at all.

So I finally had a chance to take the battery tray out this morning to have a good look at the starter, and I've attached a photo of one of the connectors. It doesn't look great. Would this be why the car won't start? And does it look like this connection/wire might have let off a bit of smoke?

Attachments

• 20231213_070250.jpg
    20231213_070250.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 44