re-setting service indicator

ScottyDog

Apr 23, 2006
Cambridge
i've just bought my ibiza, but the service light still flashes. how can i reset it. the car has full service history, but the lights not reset yet.

ScottyDog

Apr 23, 2006
Cambridge
i dont have a button on the indicator stalk. its a mk.2 1.4 estillo, & the buttons are on the dash. one for mileage, tripetc., & one for the clock.

mini670

I have also just serviced my motor.
Now id like to get rid of the In 02 warning thing.

I have searched around on here but only managed to find info on cars with the fancy stalks. Mine is quite basic really inside.

The link in the last post is knackered, can anyone point me in the right direction please.\

ta

richy_t

Dec 9, 2007
turn ignition on, hold down trip for 10secs, turn ignition off wile still holding trip, once off let go, omg r sumthin will flash on th screen keep pressing the trip untill u find the coad u r reseting, then hold down the clock button untill _ _ _ _ comes up on th screen. and there u go job done

loonymoon

Somehow the service indicator on my late 2004 Ibiza SX has got out of sync and comes on 5000 miles early. It's been happening since I first got the car in early 2006 with 10k miles (and it was serviced before I got it), the OIL service indicator came on at 15000, I put up with it until 20k miles then had it serviced by SEAT. The INSP service indicator came on at just below 25,000 miles I took it to a local place for the service at 30,000 (which the book said was a simple oil and filter one) and they reset it.

Now it's come on again at about 34,500 miles!! Saying OIL.

Grr!

I reset it somehow, though I cocked it up a bit and kept resetting my clock!!

It seems that the INSP and OIL indicators were out of sync anyway, is there some way I can get it back to being right again?:help:

Last edited:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Somehow the service indicator on my late 2004 Ibiza SX has got out of sync and comes on 5000 miles early. It's been happening since I first got the car in early 2006 with 10k miles (and it was serviced before I got it), the OIL service indicator came on at 15000, I put up with it until 20k miles then had it serviced by SEAT. The INSP service indicator came on at just below 25,000 miles I took it to a local place for the service at 30,000 (which the book said was a simple oil and filter one) and they reset it.

Now it's come on again at about 34,500 miles!! Saying OIL.

Grr!

I reset it somehow, though I cocked it up a bit and kept resetting my clock!!

It seems that the INSP and OIL indicators were out of sync anyway, is there some way I can get it back to being right again?:help:

Im sure that there is a guide somewhere that tells you how to set each of the intervals. Im sure I have read it on here.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise