really need some brakes help , i cant drive the car

jamesey

Jan 19, 2012
hi the other day I noticed the car was sticking from one of the calipers just moving from the drive , I jacked it up and it was the drivers side rear , mk 2 seat leon 2006.
a long story short I needed a new caliper , I noticed it had been seized for a while as the disc was like new and the other good side had some wear because it had been working properly.
I bought a like for like new from euro and clamped the flexi and fitted it along with a new set of rear pads , as I was pumping the sytem just to bleed it the res run low and I lost all pressure , I topped up and gave it a lot more tries until I was pumping through again , I also adjusted the hand brake up so it clicks 3 nothches.
nowwhen the engine is running the brake pedal takes only 7 seconds to sink to the floor and even more weird when the handbrake is applied tight upto 3 notches and I press the foot brake to the floor I can then pull a slack handbrake up around the top 10 notches , ive read loads and loads about his on mk 1s but not much on mk 2s , it just seems too unsafe to drive at the moment ,
today I took it to the local garage with a power bleeder with no success its just still the same , pedal goes to the floor when engine is running and hadbrake ok until foot brake is floored , any help would be great , sorry to go on but ive had wheels on and off 5 times bleeding dot 4 through , I gone through 4 litres working from n/s rear , o/s rear , n/s front o/s front ,
Am I right in thinking theres no bleed nipple on the master cylinder on mk 2s?????
please help :(:(

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Are you 100% that there is no air in the system?

Have you checked for leaks?

If the engine is off, does the brake pedal still sink to the floor if you apply pressure?

Does the car have ABS? If so you might need to use VCDS to run the air purge sequence, there might be trapped air in the system.

Regarding the handbrake, if you don't use the brake pedal does the handbrake feel good and engages within a few clicks?
My handbrake engages higher up to if I push down on the brake pedal first. I believe that this is normal as the rear brakes have a worm screw design to engage the pads, meaning the piston rotates. You wound the pistons back when you replaced the rear pads, right?

If there are no leaks and no air in the system, it's possible that the master cylinder is faulty/damaged.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.