Rear camera doesn’t work properly

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Hey guys have you got a problem with rear camera- it randomly shows black picture. Even worse more often it is not working than it is working. Does someone has had some of this problems and have fixed it- if so please share it with me…

Best regards from Latvia!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I had similar problem. It has get better after multimedia unit update. There should be some TPI about software update in camera release later this year or possibly next Q1/2022. Try to point it out on your next garage visit.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
It’s an ongoing known issue.

Easiest way u too new software is released is when you get a black s teen, put the car in drive again and then back into reverse. Most of the time the camera image will appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
It’s an ongoing known issue.

Easiest way u too new software is released is when you get a black s teen, put the car in drive again and then back into reverse. Most of the time the camera image will appear.

Okay, thanks will try that way, but still dont think that a new car should do as it does for now.. a bit of disappointment after purchase

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Okay, thanks will try that way, but still dont think that a new car should do as it does for now.. a bit of disappointment after purchase

You’re in a group with a lot of disappointed owners who didn’t expect the car to have issues from new. Ive rejected my VZ2 because of the issues I’ve had and I’m currently waiting on a replacement being built

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
You’re in a group with a lot of disappointed owners who didn’t expect the car to have issues from new. Ive rejected my VZ2 because of the issues I’ve had and I’m currently waiting on a replacement being built

Well, but my mom has a new Volvo V60 2020 and she also has hell a lot of electronical and even technical problems from the start of purchase- worth to mention that car was totally new. In our cases that car cos approx. 13k EUR less and almost with all extras as she has.. for example my moms car costed 42€ eur and after discount added ir went for 37k mine Fr after discount went from nearly 32k to 27k EUR

GenericSeat

Oct 29, 2021
UK
This happens to me, but has got better since a software update. It consistently doing it when engaging reverse with CarPlay on the screen.

aripekkarinen

Jun 1, 2022
Finland
My camera does not work at all, just error light and message "rear camera does not work properly". This appeared suddenly in January. I took my car to back to dealer and they tried to fix it 2 times in 2 months and still now after almost 6 months I don't have working rear camera. Now dealer have ordered new camera, but deliverytime cannot be given. Maybe next year...

Nov 29, 2023
Hey guys, I know this tread is old, I'm new to this page and have started to have issues with my reverse camera on my Leon 2021, was the best option to bring it ro the dealership?thanks again 😁

Attachments

• IMG20231127174903.jpg
    IMG20231127174903.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 86

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Hey guys, I know this tread is old, I'm new to this page and have started to have issues with my reverse camera on my Leon 2021, was the best option to bring it ro the dealership?thanks again 😁
Hey! You better check if the camera are still in place, cuz for 2020-2021 models had a common issue, that cameras just felt out. Mine felt out twice. Both times changed by warranty.

But now i am happy to say that i got rid of that poor quality car. And i am not regretting anything.

Reactions: dmm2505
Nov 29, 2023
Hey! You better check if the camera are still in place, cuz for 2020-2021 models had a common issue, that cameras just felt out. Mine felt out twice. Both times changed by warranty.

But now i am happy to say that i got rid of that poor quality car. And i am not regretting anything.
I was reading other threads and looking at advice on them aswell, camera is still intact. Thinking of changing my car also I've had too much trouble with it than it's worth. Thanks for replying 🙂

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.