Rear Parking Sensors Fault

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
So I've been getting the message telling me to clean my parking sensors. They have been cleaned but still the fault persists.

1000003301.jpg

Took the car to my local dealer who informed me the sensor needs replaced but would not be covered under warranty.

I was charged £113 for diagnosis and then quoted £293.46 for a new sensor to be fitted.

The alleged damage to the sensor is this miniscule chip on the right hand side of the rear sensor

1000003300.jpg

Surely that's not enough to damage it beyond use. Also how does one get a stone chip on the rear sensor?

I've driven around 350,000 in cars with parking sensors and never heard of one becoming inoperable due to a stone chip, never mind something so tiny.

Any thoughts?

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Just an update the dealer was quoting the NSR sensor as being damaged and needing replaced. Yet the onboard computer shows it as being the OSR sensor. This shows no signs of damage.

1000003303.jpg

Spoke to the dealer again who says the NSR sensor is throwing out the OSR one. Then surely if that was the case, they would all be flagging up, not just that one?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Just an update the dealer was quoting the NSR sensor as being damaged and needing replaced. Yet the onboard computer shows it as being the OSR sensor. This shows no signs of damage.

View attachment 40796

Spoke to the dealer again who says the NSR sensor is throwing out the OSR one. Then surely if that was the case, they would all be flagging up, not just that one?
They could be correct.
Or they could be quoting from the Dealers Big Book Of 🐂:poop: Excuses......

EVangelist

Feb 14, 2023

View attachment 40796

I have the same problem. Dealer said they need testing one by one, as one failed sensor will cause the car to report a fault with the entire system (it will only operate when all sensors are working).

He needed to order a replacement sensor to test & identify the failed one following SEAT's workshop procedure.

I'm told you can troubleshoot by placing your fingertip lightly on a sensor and having a helper engage reverse gear; if the sensor is working you should feel a slight vibration. I haven't got to it yet, but I'd like to avoid the dealer's bill!

I had a Octavia with rear parking sensors for 4.5 years (bought it 4 years old) and sensors never gave trouble - makes me wonder why SEAT can't achieve the same quality with the same parts...

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
On my 2018 Mk3 Leon my rear parking sensors have shown an error a few times.. I think it is due to water ingress or just damp. A good squirt of WD40, leave for a few minutes & then wipe off the excess. After leaving for a few more hours the problem has always gone away for me. No expensive dealer involvement required.

Worth a try?

Reactions: EVangelist