red hot disks literally

strugers1

ok i was out last night with some mates over ebsfleet doing some spirited driving(at the speed limits of course)
well for those who dont know its up hill for 400 meters roundabout then down hill for400 meters so there is a lot of braking involved, anyway after 20-30minutes of doing this constantly i could feel my brakes were starting to get very hot even though i only had a tiny bit of brake fade which is not bad for oem 312 conversion.. i stopped to let my car cool down and there was smoke plooming from the brakes and then it was brought to my attention that they were ctually glowing bright red.. i was amazed at this..
anyone else had this??
and is it worth putting a higher DOT brake fluid in if this is going to happen again??
cheers

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
lupo-oulton-8.jpg

DS2500 pads
Badger grooved 280mm disks
Motul RBF600 high temp brake fluid

:thumbup:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
happens, if the brakes are smoking though you should drive off and free wheel her to cool down, its why your disks are vented :)

strugers1

oh i did steady rive for a bit lol after i got out and realised there smoking

bager how much for that complete set up you listed??and how difficult is it to put the new brake fluid in??
except i have the 312mm conversion

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ds2500's for your calipers (if) you retain the original 280mm ones, are £79, fluid is £10.99/500ml
carriage is £9.50
all + vat

pressure bleed or vacuum bleed only.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise