Red Light and acoustic sound.

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Hi guys just got back from taking my Leon FR M1 for a spin and twice a red light flashed on for a second along with an acoustic sound. I carried on driving without any issues at all. Not sure which warning lamp lit up cos it was barely a second. Checked in the cars manual and apparently it could be one of two either the brakes or the oil pressure. Checked both oil and brake fluid levels but they are ok. Like I said I continued driving at higher speeds with no issue at all. Any help with this folks ?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
That could be the water expansion tank warning its a common issue (very load buzzer) even though your still at max level, you can remove the cap and use a screwdriver or something to scrap the two prongs inside bottle and that's the level sensor as they can have oxidation on them yet still look ok, done it myself and worked for ages but just changed bottle and cap as they were around 13 quid at time

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi guys just got back from taking my Leon FR M1 for a spin and twice a red light flashed on for a second along with an acoustic sound. I carried on driving without any issues at all. Not sure which warning lamp lit up cos it was barely a second. Checked in the cars manual and apparently it could be one of two either the brakes or the oil pressure. Checked both oil and brake fluid levels but they are ok. Like I said I continued driving at higher speeds with no issue at all. Any help with this folks ?
If it's the oil pressure, then it's possible that the pick up is clogged.

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
That could be the water expansion tank warning its a common issue (very load buzzer) even though your still at max level, you can remove the cap and use a screwdriver or something to scrap the two prongs inside bottle and that's the level sensor as they can have oxidation on them yet still look ok, done it myself and worked for ages but just changed bottle and cap as they were around 13 quid at S

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Sorry I am not very mechanically minded but by water expansion tank I guess you mean the plastic container that contains the coolant is that so ? You said you changed the bottle and cap but where did you manage to find the proper one for the Seat Leon mk 1 ?

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Sorry I am not very mechanically minded but by water expansion tank I guess you mean the plastic container that contains the coolant is that so ? You said you changed the bottle and cap but where did you manage to find the proper one for the Seat Leon mk 1 ?
Yes, the refered tank is indeed the plastic container globe that contains the coolant liquid. If you get out of coolant your car can overheat. That's why it beeps so loud and flashes red light. When the water is low, the bumps and twists can make the water goes below the metal sensor, causing alarms now and then. Just fill it up and see if the warnings stop.

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Yes, the refered tank is indeed the plastic container globe that contains the coolant liquid. If you get out of coolant your car can overheat. That's why it beeps so loud and flashes red light. When the water is low, the bumps and twists can make the water goes below the metal sensor, causing alarms now and then. Just fill it up and see if the warnings stop.
Thanks dude for your advice but the coolant liquid container is not low at all so guess its cant be that. I am beginning to think that the light that lit up was the handbrake light. I am keeping an eye so that if it happens again I an able to locate the actual icon.

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Thanks dude for your advice but the coolant liquid container is not low at all so guess its cant be that. I am beginning to think that the light that lit up was the handbrake light. I am keeping an eye so that if it happens again I an able to locate the actual icon.
Just come back from a drive and this time I managed to get the dam red light its the handbrake light that comes on for a mere second accompanied by a few loud beeps. Gonna start by buying some Dot 4 brake fluid tomorrow and topping up the bottle but in all honestly difficult to tell if its actually low just by checking it.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
mine wasn't low and never leaked its was the prongs inside bottle that oxidized , worth trying just scrapping the prongs first, got the bottle and cap from seat from here but dave left seat now, but easy enough to find them

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I bought one a couple of months ago from TPS. Can't remember the price but theyre not big money.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.