Red MK4 Ibiza FR

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
Hey Guys,

Ive had my MK4 Ibiza FR for about 8 months now and due to being really busy havent had a chance to do much too it or even write about it on here!!

Its my first car ive ever owned myself (being only 20) so it is literally my pride and joy.

Managed to pick it up with 50K on the clock 8 months ago for around 4K.

Gave it a quick clean today so will post some pics below, considering its age I think its in damn good condition, back seats never look like they have even been used!!!

So far on the car ive done the following (Updated 28/07/2012):
  • Debadged the rear
  • Fitted AUX cable to standard stereo
  • FR badge fitted to front
  • Polo Rear Wiper
  • Black mirror caps to replace standard silver FR ones
  • Stubby Aerial fitted (6CM)
  • K&N Open Cone Filter Fitted
  • Stage 1 Remap - Around 194 BHP
  • Calipers Painted Red

The car is due its 60k mile service in June and I am also going to get the Cambelt done by Seat. However atm Seat are doing it for £299 all in so reckon I will get it done in a few weeks just encase the offer ends!!

Going to purchase an open cone filter in the next few days and get that fitted before getting a Revo Stage 1 remap just after ive had the cambelt done. Also going to order some new black wing mirror covers and in the future hopefully get the alloys powder coated in anthracite!!

Last edited:

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
Just ordered some black wing mirror covers to replace my ones as they are looking a bit tired now. Also ordered a open cone filter. Will post some pics once they arrive and I get them fitted!!

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
Got my black covers today so popped them on when I got home from work. Sorry for shitty quality but iphone and darkness doesnt work!!

AmwlraBCEAASOZI.jpg:large

Booked the vehicles in for a cambelt change and going to get cone filter put on car at same weekend. Then potentially remap the following weekend!!

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
So today I got my car remapped and also had K&N Cone filter fitted. Its insane how different it is. So happy. Picture of the cone filter below. I took some timings with a mate last week so going to do some new timings next week and will post the difference!!

img1362xu.jpg

img1365al.jpg

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
So managed to record a few performance figures before and after the remap. Still need to go and do a few more tests because it was abit greasy out today but im very impressed with the changes!!

performance.png

The 30-70 I tested originally was from 2nd gear - test today was from 3rd so I reckon the 30-70 time can be reduced down to around 4.8 when I next test it from 2nd.

Also reckon 0-60 can be reduced down to around 6.5 as traction control was left on and slightly short shifted in 1st gear. I also recorded a 30-60 time before the map but wasnt able to test this today.

Very impressed with the figures - I knew it felt alot faster but didnt think it would be this much.

Last edited:

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
Nice motor for your first car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha thanks!!

I drove my mums Fabia for half a year whilst I was in final year of 6th form and was then on the insurance still whist I was at Uni for 2 years (drove it over the summer) so managed to build up 2 and a half years no claims bonus which is why I was able to get the Ibiza!!

Think I will keep the Ibiza for another 2-3 years as long as nothing goes wrong with it!!

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
very nice, you get your black mirror covers from the dealers, were they expensive?

Yeah got them from Sere motors on the forum. They were around £20 that included postage so not too bad at all!!

Nice car mate. Some good mods so far.

Thanks :) hopefully more to come in the future - really wanna get it lowered and get the wheels powder coated but just trying to do some smaller mods at the moment to build up the funds. When the weather is nice I think I will attempt to spray the calipers red!!

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
So today I finally got round to painting the brake calipers red. Looking for some cheap ways to improve the car and decided that this was one of them. For £10 im very pleased with the outcome!! +

Back Brake After Quick Clean

img2034t.jpg

Back Caliper After 1st Coat of Paint

img2035ko.jpg

Front Caliper Painted With Wheel On

img2037tq.jpg

img2039pi.jpg

Thoughts?

Capt_Pricey

liking the results from your map! the callipers look slick, how did you go about painting them? brush or spray?

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
liking the results from your map! the callipers look slick, how did you go about painting them? brush or spray?

Cheers :D Still need to go out and get some more timings done tbh with you!!

For the calipers I did it with a brush - took about 3/4 coats to get a good finish. Saved having to mask off loads of areas though!!

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
Hey guys, so after many years of owning the FR I have now sadly sold the vehicle last weekend and bought a Astra VXR. Managed to get a really good deal on the VXR which had all the spec I wanted so couldn't resist.

Vehicle has just over 5K miles from new and after only having the vehicle for 4 days I can tell its going to be some great fun of the coming years!

c2fc8img_0808-jpg.jpg

8h1z.jpg

All the best!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.