Refurbed & Repainted my Brembos

golfinger

My Brembo calipers where looking pretty rubbish and pink again after the paint and lacquer started to flake. I followed the Refurding Your Brembos Guide on here before and they came up ok, but this time I went a step further and sanded them right back, repainted using high temp paint, re-stickered and re-lacquered.

I don't have any pics of what they where like before, but they where pretty rubbish and pink like the ones in the refurb guide on here. Here are some pics of the finished articles:

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

Came up really well, not sure if I should do the backs now...

golfinger

Not sure about doing the rears. They are not as impressive as the Brembo front calipers so I don't want to steal any of their limelight!

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Nice job mate i really need to do mine very soon!!

just a quick question to you, are your discs on the right way round??:shrug: as i thought the grooves on discs like that go the other way to what you have them?:shrug:

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
WOW look brilliant mate! could you do mine? lol

the "repainted using high temp paint, re-stickered and re-lacquered" ... what is the stuff you used mate if you dont mind me asking??

thanks

Last edited:

golfinger

Thats what I thought.

I thought the same too when I saw them fitted. Apparently they can be mounted either way around, most people mount them the opposite way with the groves facing backwards. Mounting them with the groves facing forwards is a more aggressive method.

golfinger

WOW look brilliant mate! could you do mine? lol

the "repainted using high temp paint, re-stickered and re-lacquered" ... what is the stuff you used mate if you dont mind me asking??

thanks

I repainted with Halfords own make high temperature spray paint. Re-stickered the Bermbo logos with high temperature decals on ebay and used the Hycote Clear Lacquer shown in the "Refurbing Your Brembos: For Dummies" guide.

It was all done with the capilers still in place, just everything else layered in masses of masking tape and newspaper! Took a while though as I sanded them pretty far back and almost used a can of paint/lacquer each caliper - probably overdoing it but I didn't fancy doing this job again!

golfinger

also afaik, mounting them that way makes the grooves quieter....

Yeah, I was also told this by the manufacturers. I do get a whizzing noise under very heavy braking but stop pretty rapid as I had some forum-recommended Ferodo DS-2500 fitted too. :happy:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
thoguht they were crn, they any good then....

fancy some grooved, but not sure on the way they sound or they way they will probably rip my porsche pads to pieces...

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
great result, looking like new [B)]

personally would have removed discs and pads and refitted the caliper to the carrier for spraying, but still a very good result! :thumbup:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I thought the same too when I saw them fitted. Apparently they can be mounted either way around, most people mount them the opposite way with the groves facing backwards. Mounting them with the groves facing forwards is a more aggressive method.
It depends on the vents on the inside, if these are not directional then you can fit these either way, if they are then there only one correct way to fit them

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Personal preference i think but i would of had them with the grooves facing backwards. I only mention this coz i had a mate that fitted a ap racing big brake kit to his laguna v6 and he put the discs on this way and it was wrong.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.