Removing RamAir on FR 2.0tsi

Jul 12, 2020
Hi all,
Just bought my son a 2007 mk2 Leon FR 2.0tfsi which has a RamAir induction kit on it and was wondering if we were to put it back to standard would the "Cupra" engine cover work or does it have to be the TFSI one? They look the same apart from the badging but I am unsure.

As far as I can see we need a cover and a downpipe at the back along with a flexipipe and a bit that connects to the rear of the grill so 4 parts in all.
Any help is appreciated.

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Why remove the induction kit? The kit is better than the standard airbox but yes they will be fine it's just different badges. As for the exhaust I can't assist.

Jul 12, 2020
It's just the noise that annoys me, its that dump valve type hiss you get whenever you come off the throttle which I'm presuming is louder because of the induction kit although I could be wrong.
When I mentioned downpipe its was the plastic pipe to the left of the engine cover I was referring to, exhaust is fine

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Ahh yes, originally I assumed the exhaust but the rear grill did baffle me clearly didn't put 2 an 2 together. Yes if you get a standard cover most sellers will give you the whole setup but make sure the 2 pieces I think( heat shield and plastic casing) that hold the air filter underneath the cover are present as some just give the top cover alone.
And the noises are from the induction kit the standard doesn't do that at all.
If you plan on servicing the car yourself the cover is a pain to remove but the upside to the cover is it protect water ingress on cylinder 3/4 from the black bonnet strip letting water in unless its been sealed.

Reactions: fireandskill1
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise