Replacing Air Con Compressor Clutch

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
ok, I have spent a bit of time with the search function but not found a definitive answer so here goes:

My Air Con Compressor is missing it's clutch plate, I've a chance of getting a 2nd hand compressor with it's clutch fitted for very cheap (compared to a new one!) and was wondering what the easiest way to go about replacing it is:

1. Am I right in thinking that if I do a full swap of the compressor that I'll need to get into de-gassing and re-gassing the system etc? (not something I could do without the help of a garage.)

2. Is it possible just to take the clutch off the 'new' unit and fit to the one already on the car and avoid touching the pressurised system?

Thanks for your help!

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Never done AC clutch on these but isnt it easier to get and indipendant garage to de-gass it, put new pump on them get it regassed and you have a new pump and new gas.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Never done AC clutch on these but isnt it easier to get and indipendant garage to de-gass it, put new pump on them get it regassed and you have a new pump and new gas.

I guess so, I'm just tight and want to save as much money as I can! Also it's got 'new' gas in it so seems a bit of a waste to de-gas and re-gas again if I can avoid it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise