Replacing Non-SatNav Media System with SatNav Media System

Oct 31, 2022
Hi,

For an 2017 Ibiza, is it possible to replace the standard media system (as shown below) with the satnav media system (Part No.: 6F0919605A) as a straight swap, or would additional cabling, sensor, etc be missing and therefore need to be installed?

Standard media system pic:

2017 Ibiza Media System.jpg

SatNav Media System (6F0919605A) pic:

2017 Ibiza SatNav Media System.jpg
2017 Ibiza SatNav Media System 2.jpg
2017 Ibiza SatNav Media System 3.jpg

Thanks

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
You have to change the glove box, yours doesn't have a slot for the box with CD and 2 cards that you also have to buy, a screen as you have in the photo, the two cables that connect to the screen and the box in the glove box.

Oct 31, 2022
You have to change the glove box, yours doesn't have a slot for the box with CD and 2 cards that you also have to buy, a screen as you have in the photo, the two cables that connect to the screen and the box in the glove box.

Okay, got it - thanks! It's pretty much the same setup as a Leon with satnav head unit and CD player inside the glove box. The CD player has two SD car slots, one which is used for the satnav maps. Hopefully I can get the satnav head unit, CD player and cables from someone who's broken up a written off Ibiza with the relevant kit.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Sep 22, 2023
sweden
Trying to do the same thing on my 2018 Ibiza. No dealers or audio shops want to help at all in Sweden so looking at buying the parts myself.

Figured out the stuff I need...

6F0919605 (A?) display

5QA035846, 5QA035846 (B?) glovebox unit

and pretty sure I need to upgrade the usb port with 5Q0035726

I'm planning on cutting a hole in the glovebox to make the navigation unit fit, not too bothered about how it looks in there.

Problem is when swapping to new units I guess there is some kind of coding needed to be done to unlock it and pair it with your vehicle. How did you guys sort this out.

Very grateful for any help or advice. 🙏

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
You can do it in 2 ways
you assemble everything and take it to the dealer to unlock and enter all the settings for your car
Mount all acquires software on the VW website, but I think a specific program is needed to download it online
I don't recommend cutting the glove compartment, it will never be secure, it will wobble but that's my opinion.
Be careful, one of the cables that connects to the screen is very difficult to find

Reactions: timmothee
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.