Reserve Fuel Tank On Leon 1.9 TDi FR

Shed

Does anyone know how big the reserve fuel tank is on the Leon 1.9 TDi FR?

The reason i ask is becuase i drove to work this morning the diesel light came on and i was only half way to work... So ive got to work the needle is on the bottom of the red and on the comp is says a big fat "0"....

So please can someone let me know if im going to have to spend this very wet day 30 miles from home..... :cry:

(the reason i carnt fill up is due to my insurance finance coming out on Monday and thats taken the last of this months pay...so i get paid tomorrow :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted

The reason i ask is becuase i drove to work this morning the diesel light came on and i was only half way to work... So ive got to work the needle is on the bottom of the red and on the comp is says a big fat "0"....

So please can someone let me know if im going to have to spend this very wet day 30 miles from home..... :cry:

(the reason i carnt fill up is due to my insurance finance coming out on Monday and thats taken the last of this months pay...so i get paid tomorrow :cry:

Not sure how much, but you can do a few miles once it gets to 0, but wouldn't advise it, if you run out you can't just fill up and go, you need to get the air out of the tank or something. AA/dealer job so becarefull.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
The best I did (and I made it to a garage) was 27miles on "0". Drove so light it was unreal.... no turbo, very gentle tickling of the accelerator and keeping under 2k revs.

mcbeowolf007

I know that u have 7 liters of diesel in your reserve tank, after the diesel light comes up (it says in the car manual)

mcbeowolf007

u got home?:D..maybe that 7 liters helped u

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.