retrofit paddleshift 2.0tdi dsg

nat1

Hi,

Has anyone on the forum ever attempted retrofitting a MFSW with paddleshift to a leon 2.0tdi with dsg?.

I have read over on VWVortex that this has been done on Golfs and Jettas without to much heartache but wondered if this had been attempted on a Seat?

Thanks,

nat1

is it just a case of chaging the steering wheel and programming then??

I believe so, looking at the write up it doesn't seem to be all that difficult. Although I'm not sure if I really want to mess about with the Airbag:headhurt:

Because I already have a MFSW, I believe I wouldn't need to change the control module. It would be a case of changing the wheel and changing the code to enable the paddleshift using vag-com.

If I could find a MFSW with paddleshift second-hand I think it would be worth doing.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
There are a lot of Golf drivers have done this, but it was somewhat complicated with those that didn't have the MFSW as there were CANBUS modules needed fitting. Have a look over at www.uk-mkvs.net as there may be some useful info there.

nat1

There are a lot of Golf drivers have done this, but it was somewhat complicated with those that didn't have the MFSW as there were CANBUS modules needed fitting. Have a look over at www.uk-mkvs.net as there may be some useful info there.

Thanks for your help! Like I said I already have the MFSW, so I'm hoping I will just need the wheel?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members