rev hesitation

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
Hi got a Mk2 cupra, with bluefin. I fitted the new dv recently (the VAG one).

When driving to work, while engine still relatively cool, when I boot it, the revs climb, then hold for about a second at 3500, dip slightly, then carry on climbing.

It doesn't seem as noticable when the engine is warm, but haven't had much chance to trial it with this rubbish wet weather we keep getting.

Anyone know what the cause is? Could it be the DV leaking while it is cold?

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
This is probably caused by the map demanding more fuel than the cam driven fuel pump can deliver, you probably need to fit the APR/Autotec/KMD pump/upgrades...

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
i think it is a boost leak somewhere as there was a whistling noise the other morning while it was doing it. it only seems to happen when i do aggressive acceleration. when i am a little smoother it is not an issue.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
i think it is a boost leak somewhere as there was a whistling noise the other morning while it was doing it. it only seems to happen when i do aggressive acceleration. when i am a little smoother it is not an issue.

You could soon find out if it is a boost leak with Vagcom.

Does sound more like a pump issue as you'd lose power throughout the whole RPM range with a leak - i would have thought. I think the main area where the stock pump struggles is around the mid range.

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I am now wondering if it is a protective thing as it only does it with a cold engine... once the engine is warmed up, there is no hesitation...

:confused:

Thorgen

Sounds to me it's more like the ESP, especially on the wet weather you say you had. Even as standard the Cupra slips front tires when on first three gears.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
mine does the same , the esp light doesnt have to come on , thats when full traction is lost , if it feels like the power is too much it limits the power to the engine sort of cuts it , try driving with the esp off and see if it does it?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members