Revo trial not available for diesels/.

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
Hi everyone,

Took my 2.0 TDI 140bhp leon to my local authorised revo dealer to try out their free 5 hour trial remap but he informed me that revo dont do the trial for diesel's, petrol models only.

Can anyone confirm this? No mention of it on revo's site.

Thanks
Clarke

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
So you asked a Revo dealer and he told you the answer, and now you're asking a bunch of randoms on an internet forum if he was telling the truth?:lol:

Yes, he was telling the truth. ;)

brad1

ive been told by a couple of people on here, its to do with the space on the ecu, there is loads more free space on the ecu of a petrol than a diesel

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
yeh i agree no point getting a trial just get it done you wont look back!

and theres less space on the diesel ecu coz diesels are better lol and therefore require more code:p

jamiebennett81

yeh i agree no point getting a trial just get it done you wont look back!

and theres less space on the diesel ecu coz diesels are better lol and therefore require more code:p

no its from the excessive coding to keep such a backwards engine still running:D

sicupra

you dont want it anyway.
If you get the trial from sed company and decide not to have it and go with sum1 else or, like happend to me, sell the car 2 sum1 else (me) and have the ecu locked out by them!![:@]
youl have to pay for a (non greedy) tuner to remove their software and then give you a decent map. :censored:
map i got was much better (and quicker) and half the price that the last owner of the car had paid!! and the guys took said software off at no extra charge. :funk:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
you dont want it anyway.
If you get the trial from sed company and decide not to have it and go with sum1 else or, like happend to me, sell the car 2 sum1 else (me) and have the ecu locked out by them!![:@]
youl have to pay for a (non greedy) tuner to remove their software and then give you a decent map. :censored:
map i got was much better (and quicker) and half the price that the last owner of the car had paid!! and the guys took said software off at no extra charge. :funk:

Not that old chestnut again. If the people who ended up mapping your car managed to reflash the ECU and didn't charge you anything extra, exactly how was it "locked out" by the Revo map? Any tuner who can't reflash an ECU which has already had either the Revo trial or the full software installed isn't to be trusted with your car, IMHO.

And please try to avoid the txt spk. :)

sicupra

Not that old chestnut again. If the people who ended up mapping your car managed to reflash the ECU and didn't charge you anything extra, exactly how was it "locked out" by the Revo map? Any tuner who can't reflash an ECU which has already had either the Revo trial or the full software installed isn't to be trusted with your car, IMHO.

And please try to avoid the txt spk. :)

Thas what they do its a fact!
I know several revo agents, and if they are honest (as they have been) they will tell you that themselves.
Flashing tools ie optican etc will, 9/10 times strugle to even get a read of the ECU with said companys software on it, nevermind the push another file on to it!!
I wasnt charged any extra as the guy was a decent fella, what more can I say!!
He took me through the whole process (all 3 and a half hours of it)
The ECU had to be removed, split and a new chip programmed and soldered in.
Annoying really, seeing as the car should be just mapped through the OBD port.
I hear old school boys like yourself raving about revo all the time. Each to there own I guess. Your the ones loosing out really as ive now got a much quicker car, thats more fuel efficient and cost me half of what a revo map would have. :lol:

Was my grammer ok this time?
I wouldnt want you to call me to your desk after the lesson to give me lines or extra homework. Sir!! :whistle:

jamiebennett81

I know several revo agents, and if they are honest (as they have been) they will tell you that themselves.
Flashing tools ie optican etc will, 9/10 times strugle to even get a read of the ECU with said companys software on it, nevermind the push another file on to it!!
I hear old school boys like yourself raving about revo all the time. Each to there own I guess. Your the ones loosing out really as ive now got a much quicker car, thats more fuel efficient and cost me half of what a revo map would have. :lol:

I wouldnt want you to call me to your desk after the lesson to give me lines or extra homework. Sir!! :whistle:

oh dear........oh dear oh dear:rolleyes:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands

:roflmao: That is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I've read in a long time...

T. Spark

Yay, I love it when someone like SiCupra comes along... esp. with a name like Si... ;)

No your grammer is still shocking, go back to school.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands

Never thought of that :rolleyes:

ecotech said:
At ecotech we have developed almost 300BHP for the Audi TT Quattro, Seat Leon Cupra R, and Audi S3 engine's - and thats the standard engine, without any other modifications such as induction kits or diverter valves.

:blink:

Not sure whether to post "yeah, right" or "love to see that"...

jamiebennett81

Never thought of that :rolleyes:

:blink:

Not sure whether to post "yeah, right" or "love to see that"...

technically you probably could, and just throw silly boost through the turbo....which will make the turbo last for a nano second:lol:.....literally!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise