REVO vs APR (differences in potential gains)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Yep of course , but each time software is loaded onto a car it needs to adjust to the parameters , some cars adjust quicker than others , I know of one car that took about 2 weeks to fully adjust to the map.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Yep of course , but each time software is loaded onto a car it needs to adjust to the parameters , some cars adjust quicker than others , I know of one car that took about 2 weeks to fully adjust to the map.

Now you see I was under the impression its only takes a few WOT pulls

Al

Aug 29, 2005
only way to get a fair result would be to change the software on the same car

^^Probably^^. Snag there is you have to be at a tuners garage to have the bias out of it unless you have a tuner come to a r/r to swap a file.

To be honest though a car showing slightly better numbers on the dyno doesn't automatically mean it will have good performance numbers on the road. And how do you declare a winner? Highest peak numbers or the overall graph curves/area under the curves? Or a combination? There is more to performance than a rolling road plot. And tiny %'s of difference will be negligable anyway. And on the road, a **** driver won't take advantage of 2 extra bhp or 5 extra ft-lb's :rolleyes:

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
^^Probably^^. Snag there is you have to be at a tuners garage to have the bias out of it unless you have a tuner come to a r/r to swap a file.

To be honest though a car showing slightly better numbers on the dyno doesn't automatically mean it will have good performance numbers on the road. And how do you declare a winner? Highest peak numbers or the overall graph curves/area under the curves? Or a combination? There is more to performance than a rolling road plot. And tiny %'s of difference will be negligable anyway. And on the road, a **** driver won't take advantage of 2 extra bhp or 5 extra ft-lb's :rolleyes:

A **** driver wouldn't take advantage of an extra 20 of both! (Not claiming to be the next jenson button!)

The test would be just to satisfy the "who should I go for? There peak number is higher therefor better" type people.

End of the day, any poxy map from a reputable company will make your car faster

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.