Seat leon fr 2.0tfsi diagnostic trouble

Apr 10, 2024
Hi there looking for some advise as have been battling an issue for a fair while now with my car.

ive had an issue where safe appears on my dash which indicated a immobiliser issue, so had it looked into and to cut it short abit a previous owner had, had the immob disabled (clearly there was a previous issue that i wasnt told about). So had the car looked at by vw midland and as they outsource their auto elec work someone looked at it and said the clocks needed a chip replacing so that was done but it did not work and said i need new ones and a key so agreed but after 4 months waiting for the parts the auto elec was not responding to me or vw midland and had said the shipments were lost from poland. So decided to get my car back from vw midland and go a different route. So got it back still with safe on dash car turning on but cutting out after a second etc usual immob problem stuff.

so in order to see if the car was usable and actually still running properly we decided to run a new disable program for the immob which worked and had the car running fine but still with safe on the dash. So then thought it must be an issue with the clocks so had them sent away to be diagnosed and it came back as the clocks were working fine and so was the key. So now ive had a search about and found same issues relating to canbus gateway issues and contacted someone about them and they said a new gateway would be needed and that they think that could fix it. Again we are at the stage where that has been fitted and programmed but the car is still in the exact same state. But needed one anyway as have a new radio to go in the car so not too bothered by that really.

so now i am abit stuck as to where to look and what to do thinking of just sending it to Dealer to see if they can diagnose it with their access to the programs or whatever not to sure what they have im guessing vagcom is the ideal one but not certain.

im just wondering if anyone else has had these issues pop up and what they did about it/ if they solved it im quite determined to fix the car as it is such a good running car and dont wanna just be rid of it.

sorry for the long explanation any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan

Apr 10, 2024
Will get some photos and videos to show what i mean maybe will be better for people to see the problems

thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members