revo worth it???

magnum

hi ive had my cupra for a couple of years and heard about Revo after my last service where i had the free trial. my only prob is the £400+VAT price...

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Well as soon as you drive it I reckon it will be! there are others jabba etc which may be cheaper, just dont go for some back street job.
As soon as you plant your right foot you'll forget the raping your credit card just received!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Is the search button broken?
SCnscrapyard.jpg

Last edited:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
If you've had the free trial and you think 400 quid is a problem - don't get it!
You obviously don't think its worth it if after you had your free trial you don't want to spend money on having that power all the time!

HarveyGTI

If you've had the free trial and you think 400 quid is a problem - don't get it!
You obviously don't think its worth it if after you had your free trial you don't want to spend money on having that power all the time!

lol @ BCM, tad harsh mate but straight to the point:lol::D but i do see your point though

It has been mentioned on here...I forget to mention how many times about remaps:rolleyes:, but you get what you pay for

its £400 + VAT because it means your car will be faster of course,

BUT and that is a big but - remember its not about the bhp figures, its the fact that if anything goes wrong with the map, then you have the safety, backing and security of a very large company who have the money and skills to assist you and troubleshoot any issues you may have and a company which has invested a few million into research and development to ensure the product works at its very best for your car all the time.

SO for £400, the price is very good when you look at all those aspects as mentioned above

ignore this however and go for some joe public back street garage remap, then expect issues with your car, and don't complain when it goes wrong either, and I can sure as hell bet if it does go wrong they wont want to know you either

again "you get what you pay for"

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Not sure what you want out of posting this question, seeing as you've had the trial - you either want the extra power or you don't, and you can either afford it or you can't.

Just don't forget to talk to your insurance company to find out the cost implications there first.

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
granted, they spent a fair bit on R&D, but a few million? its not rocket science...

I wouldn't be surprised if their R&D spend has topped a £million.

Rocket science or not, software development is not cheap. It's not just the maps but the tools and support programme that goes into the delivery via the dealer network etc.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Is it Revo or bust? Why are you restricting yourself to that map alone? There are plenty of decent, professional companies offering a similar product but that differ slightly.

Is Revo worth it? In my opinion (and I stress this) I wouldn't be sure.
Is a remap worth it? Most definitely.

Take your time, phone some companies, look at some options, take in the facts and figures and you won't regret it.

Or you could do a me and jump in with both feet based on a recommendation you heard down the pub...;)

HarveyGTI

I wouldn't be surprised if their R&D spend has topped a £million.

Rocket science or not, software development is not cheap. It's not just the maps but the tools and support programme that goes into the delivery via the dealer network etc.

plus marketing, materials etc and that sure aint cheap

YEAH shutup BCM, I was right:lol::D

HarveyGTI

to echo what Lard said, there are also the following tuners I would highly recommend

P Torque
Jabba (my fav)
APR
Revo
Custom Code
AMD
APR
Bell Autos

and I am sure there are a few others, but these are the main ones I have heard of

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
i was taking the piss! get that handbag away from me harvey! lol!

na would have spend loads!

but is the revo software not always on your car, lot of tuners wont touch your car if you've had revo free trial!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
to echo what Lard said, there are also the following tuners I would highly recommend

P Torque
Jabba (my fav)
APR
Revo
Custom Code
AMD
APR
Bell Autos

and I am sure there are a few others, but these are the main ones I have heard of

and because APR are so good you listed them twice :lol:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
to be fair, you cant really recommend anywhere until you have dealt with them yourself, just name dropping companies you have heard of isnt really based on anything

HarveyGTI

to be fair, you cant really recommend anywhere until you have dealt with them yourself, just name dropping companies you have heard of isnt really based on anything

true, but then I do what most people will do, go with companies I have heard alot of good things about, as most sensible people would

not disregarding lesser known companies, but feel safer to go with a company that I have heard and seen good things about and other members praising the CS and good results

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.