Ride Hieght

JoeR225

Dose anybody know how much the LCR has been lowered by as standard compaired to the normal ride hieght of different models of leon?

JoeR225

yeah i am looking into it at the moment pricing up etc i still dont know whether to get coil overs and pay the exra money or just prings i have talked to a guy who works in Revolution in gateshead who owned one and said he just had springs and they were mint and lowered it fine, 25mm overall drop and kerbs and speed bumps were a problem lol

you got any light to shed on the matter?

JamJay

California Bound
Well you'll need a -50mm kit if you want to lower your LCR by -30mm. The quoted figures on the websites are based on standard leons so another example would be the a -30mm kit would only lower an LCR by -10mm.

I'm stuck her too as I can't work out what to do, coilover or not. The problem with alot of shock and spring packages is that they seem to lower the back just fine on the Leon but the fronts remain a little high. These might settle over time but if not, you could have a funny looking car. Obviously coilover eradicate this problem because you can go as low as you like.

JoeR225

yeah its just whether you want to part with the extra £300 lol ive seen lowering springs only for £100 40mm drops which would be fine for me due to the fact i strugle on speed bumps already and its standard lcr sprins i am always scrapping the spliter!

Ive heard that when you lower a car it can lower the tone of your exhaust? personally i think this is a load of Sh*t tbh, however lowering the centre of gravity may have a slight effect on the exhaust note hmm? anyone? lol

I had an Astra Coupe before my LCR lowered it by 40mm with springs only and the front did sit a little to high for my liking but the back was spot on.

thanks for the advice matey

If you go ahead and buy anything let me know what, where from and what they are like lol

JamJay

California Bound
If your going for looks & on a budget then springs will be fine but as you've experienced the front might be a bit high. If you after sharpening the handling then I wouldn't bother buying springs unless you're fitting a rear ARB at the same time because it'll be next to no different than it already is without one.

Coilovers really sharpen up the handling, even without upgrading/adding ARBs they are pretty good but for a decent set of damping & height adjustable ones, you're looking at least £600 (K-Sport & D2 make good ones at this price) or perhaps £800 for KW V2, maybe even more for Bilstein.

Lowering the LCR on stiffened shocks and springs or coilovers won't make you scrape as much as you think as there is less bounce in the shocks, this is why you normally scrape now.

As for the exhaust note, I haven't heard that one before. However, the sound of the exhaust does rebound off of the floor making it sound louder inside the car. Obviously, the closer you and the sound are to the floor, the less distance the sound has to travel back so you can hear it, also less sound is lost over shorter distances i.e. if a firework exploded in your face, it'd be alot louder than 1000ft up in the air :D.
Sounds a little strange I know but it's all down to a bit of science really. I experienced this when I dropped my old Honda Civic to the floor.

JoeR225

ahright i think ill just go for the springs then might get some next week off the net and fit them myself :D
ARB's are on the shopping list for a later date but just front as i cant be arsed to fit a rear one lol.
I would really like it to be absolutly on its arse hence why i was thinking coilovers, i am sure you can get cheap sets for around £200 and half decent for £300 off ebay but probably not best to go for the £200 as they will probably f*ck after a week lol.

remapping and Milltek exhaust are also on the list lol

JamJay

California Bound
The front end of the LCR isn't the bad bit but that rear beam with no ARB is complete cr@p lol. Making the front stiffer and leaving the rear standard will make things worse handling wise. From what I hear, fitting isn't too hard and an awesome mod so give it a stab! If you can do springs on your own, you can do an ARB :).

Best mid-range coilovers are Weitecs, just under £400 from www.dpmperformance.co.uk.

JoeR225

ahright cool, i have had a look for prices just there and they look around £135 just for one ARB and like £180 for a set of 2 i think these will have to wait till after my Milltek like lol really want that just put a K&N 57i on and it has made such a difference to the performance and the sound of the turbo even the standard dump vlave is really loud £83 well spent me thinks

JamJay

California Bound
Yeah, best off sticking Milltek on 1st, you'll have more choice of ARBs then because as far as I know, only Neuspeed ones fit over the standard exhaust back box without knocking.

Nothing wrong with K&N's, I like the sound but make sure it's not over oiled or it can clog your MAF and affecr performance. Get a good cold air feed in there too!

Don't know if you're near Essex/Surrey/Sussex/London but if you are, try and come to the AMD rolling road day, will give you some ideas about what to do.

JoeR225

Ah gutted nah i am all the way up in newcastle lol i am actually trying to find a rolling road up here just to see what my LCR is putting out at the moment trying to go next weekend after payday lol.

would have been good though!

and yeah milltek next regardless i am going for the non resonated full cat back system for £342 from revolution up here should be awsum!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.