Robbie C's Ibiza Cupra

ian_cupra

i agree, as my hybrid is silenced, and its silly loud :)

looking good as ever mate :clap:

cuprachrissy

looks awesome mate, been around brands a couple of times myself and loved it (dry), what are the rainsport tyres like pal n how much are they??

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers all :)

As above I honestly can't rate the Uniroyals highly enough - they're a very under-rated tyre in my opinion simply because they're not marketed as much as the likes of Toyo and Goodyear.

In the wet they just give you confidence that the car will remain exactly where you want it to be and in the dry I haven't any complaints either - they really deliver the power to the tarmac rather than sitting there spinning. Also check out some reviews at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-2.htm - they're the highest rated tyre on the site.

My one and only complaint is the wear rate - I've had them on for 2-3k now and I'm down to 4mm from 9mm on the fronts - but that's including that day at Brands. At the end of the day though for the level of performance it doesn't bother me and they were only £57 a corner delivered from Camskill :)
I'll definitely be buying them again.

good thread, will be reading this with interest

should have got your hybrid "unsilenced" though :)

keep up the good work

EDIT - looking at the track piccies, looks like you really need spacers on the rear

David - I have 15mm spacers on the back already - tempted to go with 20mm soon though as I'm not happy with how far those rims sit in the arches. As for going unsilenced I've heard it makes piss all difference anyway.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Right, quick question for those of you running wideband out there...

I've got my downpipe off ready for the extra boss to be welded in tomorrow and know it needs to sit at least 16" away from the turbo but before the cat, situated between 10 and 2 o'clock. But... can someone remind me where the OE bosses sit in relation to up/under the downpipe etc so I can determine where this one needs to sit.

It looks like it needs to go directly opposite the pre-cat lamba boss which is just shy of 18" away from the turbo (just after the flexi).

ABCD0007.jpg

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
dummy the dp back on the car to check for clearance, but straight opposite should be ok as its the only place. While the box is out you should get the gears cryo treated :) Mine are getting done this week finally!

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
Loving this Robbie.....im from swindon. Seen you about a couple of times.
What is the colour of those wheels? my mates after a nice anthracite colour for his astra gsi?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers Alex, sorted - how much is the cryo treatment?

Loving this Robbie.....im from swindon. Seen you about a couple of times.
What is the colour of those wheels? my mates after a nice anthracite colour for his astra gsi?

Thanks mate :) Think I recognise you from your private plate!

Those Cupra alloys have been done in a light anthracite by BJV Engineering over in Hemel Hempstead. See www.wheelrefurbishing.com

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
waw quite a read, i just got my KO3 back from being hibrided, when i was asked, silenced or unsilenced i answered, "unsilenced lol" and theres quite a noise off it when i rev, come onto boost.
im still running a standard manifold and building up my new fuel system, ran into a hicup with the cluth, almost all componants took a catostrofic failure today, pedal, master, slave, pressure plate, all packed in today. what kind of cluth are u planning on using? iv heard vr6 but nobody will give a definate answer if it will fit or what flywheel to use, and what injectors do i need, iv got an LCR fuel pump and a 4.0bar FPR of ebay so its just the injectors im stumped by now. also i see u removed ur carbon catch tank, are u bi-passing it?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I'd planned just to push my luck on the standard clutch/flywheel until it gives way - although depending on how easy it is to replace when I have the gearbox out to get the diff fitted I may get it all done at once. I've read that the VR6 clutch with the G60 single mass flywheel (can also use an ABF wheel from a MK2) is good for up to 350 lb/ft of torque but it's not something I've yet looked into in any great detail - I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

As for the carbon canister I'm just going to vent the pipe from the fuel tank down in the driver's wing and see how I get on leaving the sensor unplugged as noone seems to know the correct resistor to use to avoid EMLs.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
For a hybrid K03 your best bet is some BAM injectors from an LCR/S3/TT 225, which normally go for around the £100-120 mark. IIRC HoocH has a set for sale at the moment too

May 2, 2006
David - I have 15mm spacers on the back already - tempted to go with 20mm soon though as I'm not happy with how far those rims sit in the arches. As for going unsilenced I've heard it makes piss all difference anyway.

thats what i was getting at, looking at it i couldnt tell you had spacers, your rear arches look like there burying your wheels

what plans do you have regarding your braking? who is building your box/diff?

sorry for all the Q's, interesting thread.

p.s to the rest of the peeps, the comment i made about the silencer was a joke because of how much works been put into the turbo already, hence the smiley face, wind your necks in ffs :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I initially didn't go for the 20mm spacers as I heard people had issues with scrubbing but I think the standard wheels are narrow enough to get away with it on their ET. I'm going to look out for a set now though I think - just hoping that my longer bolts for my 15mm spacers will suffice for 20mm ones.

I've ordered a set of HiSpec 4 pot brakes - full spec in post #1 :) Went for these as they should fit behind the standard Cupra alloys (just)

I'll probably go to Alex to get the diff fitted shortly after the turbo is mapped just so I know it's done properly

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.