Rocker Cover QQ

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I got a load of engine parts back from the powder coaters today, including my rocker cover which ended up being wet sprayed instead.

Not had a decent look yet but don't think there's any paint at all on the underside but do I need to wipe it over with anything before putting it back on just to be sure?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Here's some quick pics of my rocker cover:

Rocker01.jpg

Rocker03.jpg

Rocker02.jpg

There is some light overspray on the inside that you may be able to make out.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

ian_cupra

was there any paint on the underside?? also if there is any paint on the bit where gasket goes, make sure you rub it down so the seal will work properly :lol:

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
The gasket edge is untouched but there's overpsray on the underside and if I rub my fingers along it I can remove tiny granules of paint.

I'm guessing it may be an idea to go over the underside with a cloth that's been dipped in thinners?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
My old man used to run bodyshop so he's kindly agreed to rub it down with thinners for me.

Pretty pissed off at this place that they couldn't even be assed to mask it up on the underside. Seriously, how much effort does it really take...

ian_cupra

i know, the place i used masked it off to powder coat it :shrug: think they just being lazy

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Shame, as they did a good job on my wheels. Ah well, will have to get it sorted tonight as I need it put back together ready for Brands next week.

If it shows any signs of peeling/cracking it's going straight back

ian_cupra

ooo whats on at brands??

yeah i would be taking it straight back mate, cant see why it would

ian_cupra

nice one, wanted to come down to brands at some point, but car isnt ready, and dont think it will be this year for a trackday, need manifold sorting, new discs and pads, tyres, looking at 700quid just for that lot, as manifold is free :D

good luck, will defo be a test as to whether the paint will hold up against the heat though on the rocker cover :lol:

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
lol, very true - got me worried now! ;)

Ah nice one, still waiting on the JBS cast mani I take it? Should be fitting my JBS on in the next couple of months so fingers crossed with the locking nuts it'll hold out

ian_cupra

yeah waiting on the cast one, got the tubular sat in the back of the car :lol: should hold, i just want to be able to fix anything quickly if it goes wrong, and catn with that bloody manifold on

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.