Rocker Cover Suggestions??

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Afternoon All,

have acquired a spare rocker cover and looking for opinions on what to do with it......someone suggested polishing it but i think too blingy for my boring 8v bay so i'm thinking get it powdercaoted black as the general them of the car is kiwi with red n black touches,would like red hoses at some point etc,so am wondering what you guys think,all suggestions welcome! :D

jamiebennett81

powder coated black most definitely.

If you need a hand fitting etc, let me know :)

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Did mine in matte black with the SEAT letters polished out, quite pleased with it. Goes well with the bare metal ally head and black painted block I think.

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Heres mine off my old MR2, theres nothing you cant do with cam covers theyre just ripe for tarting up!!

004.jpg
[/IMG]

As long as you put a base coat of High temp paint on them you can put what you like on top, I was going to do mine on the Mk2 but on the 16v theres not much point cos its more or less covered by the inlet manifold, I just took it off and gave it a going over with the drill and wire brush, came up a treat.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
thanks for the suggestions peeps although i think this may be on hold for a bit given the damage to her from yesterday :cry: going to inspect it in the cold light of day in a mo,doesn't look too bad on outside spec although the bonnet is out etc due to slam panel push back etc. we shall see........

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I went with black all over then sanded/polished the raised parts and did the same with the logo part on the manifold after painting it all silver
picture.php

picture.php

can't really tell from the pic but the cover/engine used to be hammerite green with a matt black/copper manifold when i got it

Last edited:

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
haha, that is it really, my bay is the tidest things about my car, with bonnet up they dont look at the stonechips on it and with those blinging hoses nobody looks around the car! haha,,,and nobody takes much notice if i hoover inside my car cus they just look at those gauges.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.