Roll on Saturday....

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Looking forward to Saturday now :)

Driving down to York again to let Pete @ Bell Auto's re-jig my map for more power to take into account my latest mods (Sachs racing clutch kit, green panel air filter, JBS shortshifter & dog bone mounts).

He reckons I can free up a nice amount of ponies with the new additions & make it more aggressive :D

Should also be getting my front strut fitted then too, and that WILL be the end of my mods for now (apart from getting this flippy key cut !).

I'll post back on how things go - and I want to RR it soon as well, so any RR days in the North anyone knows about ?

Thanks

:funk:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
It doesn't bother me too much mate, it's only when setting off in 1st gear that it's noticeable.

I'd rather put up with that than have a broken one & squashed pipes !!! I had a load of stuff done at the same time, so I can't comment on whether or not it increases acceleration......

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
As I had a standard clutch before, the map that was put on my car was limited due to clutch slippage. Now the new clutch can handle more power & torque, I can unleash that extra power with a new map onto my clutch.......

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
not sure how he'll take into account the intake or short shifter

equally - if he/you goes nuts on the torque, you'll just end up needing a new expensive clutch (they have limits too)

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I was just listing my latest set of mods.......

I'm sure he knows what he is doing ;)

Mike from JBS stated the following:

According to Sachs max torque handling on the organic is 340lb/ft

We have tuned cars with Sachs kits for more than 340lb/ft and never had a problem!

Mike

I'm sure that will be plenty enough !!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
i'd hold out Chris...assuming your going to do more mods like smooth airbox, maybe add a CAI kit which arn't that expensive...

Thats what I am doing, getting everything done to the car first then mapping it when clutch is installed. Remember to a certain degree the ECU will adapt anyway so your going to spend your money for possibly a 5-10 bhp upgrade.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
He's doing it FOC mate

Haven't seen much point in smoothing out airbox, and I dont like the CAI feeds people are currently doing :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
He's doing it FOC mate

Haven't seen much point in smoothing out airbox, and I dont like the CAI feeds people are currently doing :)
Well smoothing airbox is allowing the car to breath better which will make a nicer sound if anything...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Minor mods like a smoothed airbox or CAI wont make much difference to the map, so I wouldn't worry about holding out and getting it done later. I do agree, even though there has been debate about the value of this, that getting the map done after all other mods is a good idea. But it's not essential as the map will adjust slightly to accommodate any changes anyway.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
All thanks to learning curvature of that wonderful ECU we all love playing about with :D

Still not too sure on the airbox smoothing, does it really give you any extra power ? If so, why are they there in the 1st place ?

Anyone done this that can comment ?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Smoothing alone doesn't make a great deal of difference. But smoothing and adding a cold air feed does. Has been proven to help flow rate and doesn't get bogged down due to heat soak.

Cheap and effective mod :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members