Round peg in square holes!

jackell10t

Apr 3, 2023
Anybody know what and where I can something to fit these rectangular holes, please??? They clearly line up with round bolt holes in the engine heat shield but can I hell work out how to "put a round peg in a square hole" so to speak!! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20230419_105843641.jpg
    PXL_20230419_105843641.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 72

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe it is a sort of snap in plate with a self tapper style threaded hole in the centre that you need.

I've forgotten which part these plates are fitted to, so until I find that out I would never manage to find a part number, if you know exactly which part they are fitted to then maybe get your local VW/SEAT/Skoda dealership to order some in for you and report back with the part number so that others know it.

Edit again!:- I think that it is better to create this sort of thread in the main area for this type of Ibiza as it will always get better coverage, and so quicker/better/more replies - well that is my way of thinking anyway.

Last edited:

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Is there a bolt missing or is it just a plug that goes in.
Is it supposed to have anything in it?

jackell10t

Apr 3, 2023
Maybe it is a sort of snap in plate with a self tapper style threaded hole in the centre that you need.

I've forgotten which part these plates are fitted to, so until I find that out I would never manage to find a part number, if you know exactly which part they are fitted to then maybe get your local VW/SEAT/Skoda dealership to order some in for you and report back with the part number so that others know it.

Edit again!:- I think that it is better to create this sort of thread in the main area for this type of Ibiza as it will always get better coverage, and so quicker/better/more replies - well that is my way of thinking anyway.
Many thanks for the advice......both on the car and the thread!! I think I "may" have found something.....it helps if you look for "skid plate" fixing kits rather than "heat shield" ones! If only I knew what I was talking about!🤣🤣

Reactions: RUM4MO

jackell10t

Apr 3, 2023
Is there a bolt missing or is it just a plug that goes in.
Is it supposed to have anything in it?
I've found a "skid plate fixing kit" rather than a "heat shield" fixing kit.... There's 3 fixings within the kit that look promising.....the things you do for your kids when they have a crash!!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah ok, there are plastic push in thingies which open up when you screw a self tapper in.
The ones for the under cover are made from steel as they need to be stronger than the ones that you have described which tend to be used in/under wings etc to secure plastic wheel arch liners.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.