RS6 replica alloys

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
ok decision time :) ordering later tonight.. 18" RS6 alloys and some Falken FK 452's 225/40/18

What you guys think?

will they rub on the arches or will they sit nicely?

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
just checking :p better safe than sorry

last thing I want is have rubbing arches ruining the new tyres

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It will be fine mate. Only think i will say it the car will probably handle better (wider wheels) but go slower because they are much heavier.

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
handeling at the moment is pants lol got 195 firestone aka ditch finders :p

not too bothered about speed, there tends to be a speed camera around every corner here..

lairdie

rs6 alloy wheels

i would go for 18s i have on my car but my leon is the same as chris one but 18s for me:D

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
or if your me, and at 6am on dudley hill in rain almost spin at 70 into a police car with someone pulled over
not funny

ok it was
but i papped

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
or if your me, and at 6am on dudley hill in rain almost spin at 70 into a police car with someone pulled over
not funny

ok it was
but i papped
LOL Rik wtf?

You span at 70 and nearly crashed into a police car? Car damged? you ok? you joking?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Interesting point regarding the weight of replicas vs oem. I have some 17" original Audi TT wheels for my Golf, they are very heavy.

A friend has some RS6 replicas and one genuine Audi RS6 wheel, all without tyres, which he plans to sell. The genuine wheel is noticably heavier than the replicas. A higher unsprung weight is bad for the way the car drives, however I'd still rather rely on genuine Audi wheels for strength.
Very interesting indeed. Thinking about it m3ssy on here bought some rs4 alloys which buckled...

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
not funny

ok it was
but i papped

been a while since ive been along there but last time i check it deffo wasnt a 70 zone:p

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
LOL Rik wtf?

You span at 70 and nearly crashed into a police car? Car damged? you ok? you joking?

i came round the corner, slammed on and cos my front brakes will stop even slick buying a set of wheels for 50 quid the front end went left and the back right, corrected it and it went the other way-snaked about...then just let off the brake and rolled out of it. doing about 40 by time i passed pc plum of the bradford-mory police

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
i came round the corner, slammed on and cos my front brakes will stop even slick buying a set of wheels for 50 quid the front end went left and the back right, corrected it and it went the other way-snaked about...then just let off the brake and rolled out of it. doing about 40 by time i passed pc plum of the bradford-mory police

bradfords constabulary isnt the best i must admit. I remember once going a little bit fast towards one then slammed on, they didnt even look at me! Great success.

On another note alloys have been ordered :) ordering tyres next week so will post pics once fitted :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
nice one mate
im sure they will look good, ill look out for a car struggling to turn its massive drug dealer rims

aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
come on its not that underpowered :p

better than a 1L corsa rollin on dubs aiiiii

tintz are next on the list... JOKING :)

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
ok theyve been fitted :) not took any decent pics yet but they look mint :)

rolling on Falken FK452's all round

100_1705.JPG

100_1706.JPG

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members