SAFETY FIELD MEASURE - 18 MARCH 22 - 10H7

Safety related field measure went live in the UK this week for the Formentor, Ateca, Tarraco & Leon
Service ID - 10H7 Technical background
In some Formentor, Leon, Tarraco and Ateca vehicles within the range of specified VINs, it is possible that they have engine design covers installed that could detach from their fixing depending on use (very sporty driving or poor road conditions) and the operating time. If the engine design cover is not attached, there is a possibility that the engine design cover will come into contact with the hot area of the exhaust gas turbocharger and may cause burn damage or fire.
Remedy
The engine design cover must be removed on all affected vehicles.
Not all vehicles are affected by this Recall Campaign.
All affected vehicles must be repaired during a visit to the workshop.

Questions and answers
What fault / damage do the affected vehicles have?
The engine design cover can detach from the fixing depending on use (very sporty driving style or poor road conditions) and the operating time.
What is the cause of the fault?
The clamping force on the mounting points of the engine design cover is insufficient.
What are the consequences of the fault?
If the engine design cover is not attached, there is a possibility that it will come into contact with the exhaust gas turbocharger and this may cause burn damage or fire.
Which vehicles are affected by the anomaly/damage?
Leon, Formentor, Tarraco and Ateca vehicles from a limited production period with a certain engine are affected.
Are all vehicles affected by the anomaly / damage?
No, only vehicles that could not be reworked by the production plant as part of the internal inspection measures are affected. The affected vehicles were identified by the production plant based on production and quality records.
Can I keep using the vehicle until it is repaired?
If the engine design cover is attached, the vehicle can continue to be used until it is repaired. Before driving, regularly check that the engine design cover is firmly attached to the engine mount by jiggling/moving the engine design cover by hand.
Is there a danger for customers?
There is a possibility that the engine design cover will come into contact with the exhaust gas turbocharger and this may cause burn damage or fire.
Have there been any other customer complaints regarding this matter?
Yes. There are 4 complaints.
What exactly has to be repaired in the vehicle?
The engine design cover must be removed.
Can the driver recognise the fault?
The driver can check whether the engine design cover has already detached from the fixing by jiggling/moving the engine design cover by hand.
How long does the repair take?
The repair of the vehicle takes approximately 30 minutes.
Can the mobility warranty be applied?
No. A mobility warranty does not apply to this case.
Can I have the inspection/repair carried out at any Official Service of the national and European SEAT After-Sales network?
Yes, all Official Services in the SEAT network inside and outside the EU have been informed.
Do I need to schedule an appointment?
Yes. To ensure a prompt processing, please schedule and appointment immediately.

AFFECTED VIN RANGES
VSS___KM_MR000226 - 038761

Reactions: Hizzards

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
My car fits in this range. I'll have service soon. I would rather they don't remove the engine cover?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Exactly. I'd be massively pissed off if I took my car into the dealers and they just removed the engine cover as a "precaution". Hopefully new vehicles will be fitted with stronger/more clips or something, rather than just without a cover.

gmaddison

Jul 24, 2022
Hey guys, picked up my Cupra Ateca from the dealer yesterday and to my disappointment it came without an engine cover. Does anyone know is the VW group is looking to supply a replacement because it looks a right mess :(

Attachments

• cupra engine.jpg
    cupra engine.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 479

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Hey guys, picked up my Cupra Ateca from the dealer yesterday and to my disappointment it came without an engine cover. Does anyone know is the VW group is looking to supply a replacement because it looks a right mess :(
Get on to the dealer and ask them to give you one. They’re about £70-90 on eBay.

Aleko

Feb 6, 2023
I am super super super frustrated by this action taken by CUPRA. I have purchased a Formentor 310, and since delivery, the vehicle has had to be returned and kept in garage for more than 4 times. Each time electronic issues. I had my car make random white noise so aggressive and loud I could not e ter the vehicle. I have the start/stop cutting my engine while still driving 10km/h +. I had my car sensors forcing hard stop on the car while I have nothing in a 4 meter radius.
And now CUPRA decides the correct treatment is to remove pieces without providing a substitute? Your clamps don’t perform as should, then make and provide new ones, I paid 50k for a vehicle and now your taking pieces of which are Directly responsible for the longevity of my car. It’s outrageous how many issues the car has and that CUPRA has landed this into the market.

i am extremely frustrated with the poor treatment and inability to recognize their mistakes and wrongdoings by the company as a whole.
I will be making a strong complaint with my dealer. Which probl won’t achieve anything as clearly CUPRA is expecting car owners to just accept this and move on? Ridiculous, id give the vehicle back at this point if I could.

Aleko

Feb 6, 2023
I am super super super frustrated by this action taken by CUPRA. I have purchased a Formentor 310, and since delivery, the vehicle has had to be returned and kept in garage for more than 4 times. Each time electronic issues. I had my car make random white noise so aggressive and loud I could not e ter the vehicle. I have the start/stop cutting my engine while still driving 10km/h +. I had my car sensors forcing hard stop on the car while I have nothing in a 4 meter radius.
And now CUPRA decides the correct treatment is to remove pieces without providing a substitute? Your clamps don’t perform as should, then make and provide new ones, I paid 50k for a vehicle and now your taking pieces of which are Directly responsible for the longevity of my car. It’s outrageous how many issues the car has and that CUPRA has landed this into the market.

i am extremely frustrated with the poor treatment and inability to recognize their mistakes and wrongdoings by the company as a whole.
I will be making a strong complaint with my dealer. Which probl won’t achieve anything as clearly CUPRA is expecting car owners to just accept this and move on? Ridiculous, id give the vehicle back at this point if I could.
And the all time worse past about this to me is that racing is in their “brand DNA” but this can’t design a freaking engine cover clamps that perform as should? WHAT?

Aleko

Feb 6, 2023
Exactly. I'd be massively pissed off if I took my car into the dealers and they just removed the engine cover as a "precaution". Hopefully new vehicles will be fitted with stronger/more clips or something, rather than just without a cover.
Not just new vehicles they are ought to replace this to all vehicles. This is 100% failure of proper testing of the vehicle, and in all honestly this engine cover clamps is not the only thing. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY CUPRA

Reactions: Seastormer
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.