Sat nav gets lost

AndrewRL

Jun 17, 2021
As always my apologies if discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find in a quick search.

I have ongoing sat nav/infotainment issues and trying to get the latest version loaded by the dealer.

One of the issues is that the sat nav occasionally gets "lost" and was wondering if this is on the list of known faults.

This usually happens when leaving a motorway as instructed and the system keeps recalculating down the slip road and round the next couple of roundabouts/turnings and then gives up and assumes you are still on the original motorway and carries on there. Obviously when you then turn off the road you are actually on, the system gets further confused and assumes you are turning into a field/middle of houses because it is in totally the wrong location. It won't correct itself until you switch everything off for a prolonged period (hour?).

A specific example for any local to me is turning off the northbound M40 onto the A40 towards Oxford. It happens every time and by the time I get home to the west of Oxford, the sat nav thinks I am more than 20 miles away!

I don't know if this is common and whether it is just my sat nav or whether certain junctions always confuse the software (hence my specific example in case anyone else travels through there).

Yes, I know...use Android Auto, blah blah but as posted before I feel if you have paid for something it should work!

Thanks wise ones

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
I had the same problem that was addressed by the dealer updating the infotainment software to version 1896. It also fixed the problem of the sat nav not remembering any destinations or settings after switch off the car. If you touch the settings (cog) icon on the bottom of the touch screen and scroll down to information, you can see what version you've got.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe the earlier cars with software version 16XX are now being fixed with over the air updates and later cars with version 17XX or 18XX, fixed by dealer applied updates.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members