saying hi and looking for some advice

paul_white

Feb 25, 2013
Derbyshire
hello my name is Paul
i currently drive a vauxhall astra club 1.6 but im now looking for something with a little more poke thats going to last me a while, im 25 with 3 kids and im needing something bigger to keep the brood happy on long trips, but also need something thats going to last me 5 years +. (i only do 8k miles a year )
iv had a long hard look at the insignia, new mondeo, old mondeo, mazda 6, Mitsubishi lancer gs3 ect ect .......then i stumbled across the seat Altea 2.0 tdi (140) (accidentally pressed seat on auto trader app) and to be honest i liked what i saw! :D i didnt realy consider a seat but from reading the reviews and post on this forum iv decided that im going with the Altea!
Im a bit of a tinkerer ......and the urge is coming back........ iv built a motorbike but i cant put 3 kids and the missus on it (search xvs bobber 125 in google images if your interested) but anyway iv been looking into the altea and im liking what i read, and this seems to be the best place if not the only place for good info. :D

anyway im not all that good at intro's so forgive me if i waffle on.
im after a bit of advice to be honest, iv seen a few alteas in my price range but want to know if there is anything to look out for? im after one with about 30-40k miles and am thinking of a re-map and clutch upgrade (cant find a thing about clutches on google) so im on the look out for a good engine to start with, as to faults i have no idea what im looking out for when buying one so any advice would be appreciated.

cheers .Paul.

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Welcome. You may be best putting your information request within the 'Altea' section of the forum - you may get a few responses there :)

Last edited:

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Hello and welcome,

As Kaz said just pop your question in the altea subforum and I'm sure someone will help you.

Good luck with your search :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise