Scratches on dash

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
Ive had 2 seats ibizas now and both have had a scratch on the dash just above the clove box, is it just me or has any1 else had this problem.
They seem to scratch really easy, does any1 know if theres a way to get the scratches out. Adam

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yer mines got 1 there as well, must eb a common thing, black shoe polish is meant to work, also autoglym have a dash thing, dont know really havnt tried doing anything to this one yet, will so soon.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
have heard that heating up the dash with a heatgun/hairdryer till hot then reshaping the guge back to flat then a scouring pad to get the effect back havent tryed this but it could be worth a go :thumbup:

Triple D

Thats not your car in your pic is it? looks like its had a right bashing :(

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
have heard that heating up the dash with a heatgun/hairdryer till hot then reshaping the guge back to flat then a scouring pad to get the effect back havent tryed this but it could be worth a go :thumbup:

Must be an easier way to sort it! :think:
I've got scratch marks on the front of my glove box/dash trim but thought they'd just rub out with polish. :shrug:
Guy.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
polish wouldnt get rid of scratches. should give it a go no harm in trying if it dont get rid of it it will certainly make it look better

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
Thats my old car triple d wrote it off in november got 1 in silver now.
tryed polish on the scratches didnt make a difference.

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
so you heta it up with haird dryer then bend the scratchy bits back in the scratch ( if ya get me ) then scouring pad it push n twist to get the effect back ?

does the effect blend in well with the original effect.? does it make a REALLY big difference ? is it easy to do ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.