Seat Cupra Type R 2012 unfinished

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
Got an MST air intake, GFB diverter valve, back box removed.. the rest of the work you see is cosmetic.

Front Splitter
Maxton Design diffuser
Air deflectors for the windows
huge exhaust pipe which looks badass and wasnt cheap :eek:
tinted windows and taped roof
3d printed cupra logo

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 23.24.01_f3473aab.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 23.24.01_21a87634.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-07 at 23.19.27_de1f3d72.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TechNick

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Where did you get the front splitter? What is the brand? Is it functional (do you feel the difference), or just an aesthetic element?

Mind to share a few more photos of the rear of the car? I see now the front is taken care off, what I would do is to pull the rear wheels out a tiny bit (either wheel spacers or slightly lower et wheels) and find a rear splitter to match the glory of the front one ;)

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
Where did you get the front splitter? What is the brand? Is it functional (do you feel the difference), or just an aesthetic element?

Mind to share a few more photos of the rear of the car? I see now the front is taken care off, what I would do is to pull the rear wheels out a tiny bit (either wheel spacers or slightly lower et wheels) and find a rear splitter to match the glory of the front one ;)
Hi, front splitter is some cheap crap from eBay, universal but looks decent.. but that's just looks.

I have a rear diffuser from maxton design: you can buy it here

mostly everything is imported from UK to Finland because there's not much options here
426526033_891035033025995_15550199841357768_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Ok, thanks for the photo, that one really looks the part :)

And does it work? Do you feel it when driving (do you track / hillclimb the car)? Or is it just design? Can you go fast with the splitters? What do they do over 200 kph?

And as for the installation, do you need to drill new holes to the bodywork, or do you use some existing screws, that are already from the bottom of the bumper? I am curious, about this, because if it really works (generates downforce), I would not like to loose it (downforce tearing the bwhole bumper downwards) going 220 kph down the fast straight at the local track.. or anywhere else for that matter :D

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
Ok, thanks for the photo, that one really looks the part :)

And does it work? Do you feel it when driving (do you track / hillclimb the car)? Or is it just design? Can you go fast with the splitters? What do they do over 200 kph?
to be honest i dont really see much difference, the splitter was meant for only looks and will be replaced with a track splitter soon after the stage 2 remap next tuesday. it's just a hobby car, a little bit of fun. No track car. We do get the occasional BMW that wants to try though on the highway

Last edited:
Reactions: tracktoy

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
oh yes, you are lucky enough to have such encounters, as you are sure to attract much attantion.. I do not get paid much heed (because noone can see a cheap family car (the Freetrack) on the road :D) until I pass them, and I occasionally see some of them attempting something in my rear view mirror, but at this point it is usually far too late for them :D

anyway.. since you seem to have an overview in the field of splitters for our cars, what track focused splitter will you be getting? can you share the brand or the producer? I am interested in dynamically functional upgrades for the Freetrack, visual aspect is no important for me, otherwise I would not choose Freetrack as the drivers car, but I believe (and I am prepared to show the world), that you can have it all in a single car :)

and about the installation? is it made specifically for your car, so that you use existing anchor points, or do you have to drill? I am asking, because Altea is only 2cm wider than Leon, having the front bumper shape similar.. and, honestly, I think all the Leon splitters would fit Altea, I am just curious about how the installation is done..

Thanks

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
This one https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng-1867-FRONT-RACING-SPLITTER-V-2-SEAT-LEON-MK2-MS-DESIGN.html

I sent them an e-mail and they said it wont fit on the Cupra Type R but that's bs, it's nothing some jesus tape and a screw driver can't solve :)

Usually all my work is done by a cool local mechanic who has some special discounts..

interestingly, the front splitter got ripped off shorlty after posting these images because we drove through a flooded section on the highway.. it was dark and bad weather so we didn't see the flood. It ripped off the front splitter in to a million peices and damaged the passanger side headlight, needed to buy a new headlight on eBay from UK.

for anyone travelling to Finland, try to remember these 3 important words while driving on our well maintained roads: Vittu Saatana Perkele

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Ok, thanks for sharing your chioce, I will be waiting on your report on installation procedure of the non-fitting splitter by maxton design. As I said, Altea is just 2cm wider than Leon, so I assume I will be able to install it as long as you are able, but I would like to avoid poor installation and would like for it to hold in place steadily, as I need it to be functional and when it starts producing 500N of downforce at higher speeds I need it to hold in place..

Also, please, tell us what inner feelings your new Stage 2 tune brought you ;)

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
Ok, thanks for sharing your chioce, I will be waiting on your report on installation procedure of the non-fitting splitter by maxton design. As I said, Altea is just 2cm wider than Leon, so I assume I will be able to install it as long as you are able, but I would like to avoid poor installation and would like for it to hold in place steadily, as I need it to be functional and when it starts producing 500N of downforce at higher speeds I need it to hold in place..

Also, please, tell us what inner feelings your new Stage 2 tune brought you ;)

I'll keep you updated. Also it's not a stage 2, that was a typo, it's Stage 1, ECU remap from 265hp to 300hp. Im guessing the aftermarket air intake also adds a little power and back box removal?

are you anywhere near Hamina?

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Stage 1 will be even more of a thrill, so I am looking forward to reading your update. Sure, the less restricted air flow always helps. What tuner did you choose for your remap?

And sorry to let you down about the location, I am from Slovakia, I never bothered about the profile settings when I signed up to this forum and I have no idea why the site chose Finland for me..

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
It's a professional tuner, im not getting a chip. it's a well known place called ECU Helsinki. cost 550 euro

im excited to see the outcome :)

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Of course, ECU remap is a much safer alternative than a chip, when the tuner is a professional. I hope it works the best for you!

Cannot wait for your summary :)

seatcupraguy01

Jan 30, 2024
hey sorry forgot about the post haha.. yeah it's now 307hp and it pulls nice! 20km/h to 100km/h in 4 seconds. it would have been 5 seconds but there was a lot of spinning

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Well I am glad the remap works fine for you. Of course, standing start or low speed roll is nothing for the FWDs.. At the local forum site, we had a thread comapring 60-160 km/h times, where you rule out the initial standing start wheel spin, and make use of the real power of the car, that can be fully harnessed at higher speeds. would you do a 60-160km/h pull for me? I would like to see what 300 kg and smaller drivetrain losses can do.. I managed 9,7s on Altea, measured on tachometer. The ultimate goal would be comparing the two cars (or times) on some nice windy touge road ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.