Seat Ibiza FR 130 Questions

rfjames

Okay, if you wouldn't mind me emailing you a couple?! Could you PM your email address or something :)

Ps. I've been reading your project thread and I love your Seat!!

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i dunno sounds a little suspect to me. my 54 plate fr has silver wing mirrors (i dont like) does not have a white dials or fr on the back (has fr on the sides).

does the rear bumper have a cut out for the exhaust? bottom right?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
i dunno sounds a little suspect to me. my 54 plate fr has silver wing mirrors (i dont like) does not have a white dials or fr on the back (has fr on the sides).

does the rear bumper have a cut out for the exhaust? bottom right?

it doesnt have Fr on the back...olnly on the pillars.

From seeing the pics it looks like someone has coded the wing mirrors as they didnt like them. If the vehicle check is coming up as seat ibiza pd130 Fr tdi then you should be fine. The front bumper has the Fr grills etc as well.

You said you were gonna get the AA to check it out for you? so thats a great start

rfjames

I will work off my instincts, but I'm hoping it's just a case of somebody taking a disliking to the colour of the mirrors and opting for a de-badge. I test drove two more yesterday (including a 5-door), one was awful, the other fantastic so I now have a much better idea what I'm looking for. I guess we'll have to wait and see…

If I like the car I will most certainly get a full AA vehicle inspection, just for the added piece of mind. Appreciate your help and advice over this chaps. Must say I like the pace of the FR ;-)

Aimez

Some one prob smacked into the mirror so they bought replacements chill out people! If it has FR in the speedo then it is nto a fake as who would go that far and the vehicle check shows it now go buy it!! Before anyone notices I changed my mirrors for cupra gloss black ones by choice

rfjames

Fair point. I will go and view it tomorrow and come to a decision. It will be under-going an extensive vehicle check if I do opt for it, as I don't want to end up with a pup.

rfjames

Just thought I'd keep you posted. I wasn't getting a great vibe from the car, so I decided to leave it in the end. I don't want to rush in to such a big decision and get a pup, so the search is still on ;-(. I've spoken with my local SEAT dealership who are on the look out for an FR for me so, fingers crossed, they can come up with something.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.