Seat Leon 184FR - Recall letter

biglunn

Feb 12, 2017
Hi all, I received a letter today from my Seat dealer stating that ‘Product Enhancement’ 23CJ recall is required advising me to book in. This is quite surprising as the car is 6 years old.

Does anyone know 1) What it’s for 2) is it necessary?

many thanks in advance

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Hi all, I received a letter today from my Seat dealer stating that ‘Product Enhancement’ 23CJ recall is required advising me to book in. This is quite surprising as the car is 6 years old.

Does anyone know 1) What it’s for 2) is it necessary?

many thanks in advance
It could be an engine software update, I had my car (2016 184) into seat, last month, for a “all in” assessment check and they mentioned an engine software update on recall for it. I’m surprised they’ve not given anymore information in the letter. I just let them do it as there’s no engine remap or anything like that on my car, but something to consider if you’ve had your ecu played with 👍

biglunn

Feb 12, 2017
I typed 23CJ Recall and I found only one article in (I think) Spanish. Did a quick Google translation of it and it mentioned emissions and EA288! I thought/hope my MY16 car is exempt from any scandal!

If it does strangle the engine in the emissions cause, I hope it doesn’t impact the car’s performance or economy!

biglunn

Feb 12, 2017
C4EA410B-923F-4DFC-9996-A080E52AF3CE.png

Translated from German not Spanish! There are a few similar ‘concerns’ on the web about this update. With my last dealer service I included an all-in package which includes a warranty - I wonder if this update is a condition of that warranty and I have to have it? Letter came by recorded delivery!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.