Seat Leon Cupra Damp problem

Seatfire

Good Morning Guys,

New to the forums but would be grateful for peoples advice regards a problem I have.

My Leon Cupra (03 plate) suffers from a problem with the electrics. It only happens on certain days in winter and they happen to be cold damp days like today (lots of fog about).

The problem that occurs is that my headlights, indicators, wipers and blowers and fail to work in such conditions. I have taken it to a garage and a main dealers, but my problem is that they are 20 miles away and the problem rectifies itself by the time I get there. The same too if i notice the problem and they try to get someone out the same day.

My assumptions therefore are that it is a damp related problem? But having little electrical knowledge I am at a loss. I have left it at the garage for a few days before, but sods law the weather wasnt as damp/bad and the problem didnt occur. The closest (uneducated) guess that the main dealer could suggest was that the ingnition switch could be faulty but as it costs near £200 to replace I cant justify this expense on a maybe!

Anyway, i think that about covers it. On a side not however, i have had a replacement offside headlight (twice by the same garage) and the problems appeared just after the first time they replaced it. This may or may not be a coincidence.

Grateful for any suggestions from people or if they've experienced similar faults. Its making me hate owning my Leon in these dark months and I dont want to simply pass the problem onto some unsuspecting buyer.

Thanks all.

Seatfire

Disappointing response so far.

Has noone out there got any suggestions?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.