Seat Leon DYING

S6 VNS

Hi I have a SEAT LEON 1.4 52 reg, and unfortuantly i'm having a problem with it cutting out. It only seams to happen on short town trips it began intermittently but is now quite regular in its occurance mostly daily. Its happening when i'm driving in town, in traffic at junctions and once around a roundabout, out of town on straight runs it drives perfect.

It has not had a fault code read done as I live on a remote Scottish Island and the nearest dealer that can do it is over 100 miles away including a 45 mile ferry crossing meaning a visit to the dealers is a 2 day round trip.

My local garage has suggested changing a couple of engine sensors quoting me around £100 for each but cannot gaurantee this will fix it! :confused:

If anyone has any ideas about what this problem maybe your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sharon

shabba168

Sounds like you may need the throttle body clean and basic settings carried out

ei2gfb

Leon FR 1.4 TSI
Dec 24, 2007
ive been having the same problems with my car took it to independant and turns out was a faulty relay only 12-15 pound off internet relay 109 (part no. 357906381A) should be worth a try changing it first before you make trip to mainland

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hi I have a SEAT LEON 1.4 52 reg, and unfortuantly i'm having a problem with it cutting out. It only seams to happen on short town trips it began intermittently but is now quite regular in its occurance mostly daily. Its happening when i'm driving in town, in traffic at junctions and once around a roundabout, out of town on straight runs it drives perfect.

It has not had a fault code read done as I live on a remote Scottish Island and the nearest dealer that can do it is over 100 miles away including a 45 mile ferry crossing meaning a visit to the dealers is a 2 day round trip.

My local garage has suggested changing a couple of engine sensors quoting me around £100 for each but cannot gaurantee this will fix it! :confused:

If anyone has any ideas about what this problem maybe your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sharon
Alright Sharon

Do you get any warning lights on the dash when this happens?
Does the car just cut out with no prior warning?
No changes in other eletrical systems during this?
Does it restart easily?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.