SEAT MII 2013: Airbag light (U015100) issue

Jul 2, 2023
Hey!

So my airbag lamp has turned on on my SEAT MII 2013.
I'm using a Autolink AL629 and got the following codes:

U015100 Lost Communication With Restraints Control Module
U112100 Databus missing message.

The lamp has been turned on for a while and a couple of months back I just tried to erase the codes. That worked for a couple of weeks.
Today I tried cleaning any grounding points and checking fuses. Also,I did disconnect the airbag sensor to see if there was any corrosion, but no luck.
The last last thing I did was to disconnect the battery for 20min or so.

Problem is now, that I can't even erase the codes. Maybe because I disconnected the sensor, don't know...

What to do now? Anyone has an idea?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Certainly pulling fuses without knowing which ones you are pulling can lead to the air bag putting that warning light up. Did that on my old Altea when the electrics were playing up so decided I'd pull the ones under the hood, not a good idea. The garage reset it for me at the time. Caused by half the airbag circuit being connected and the other half isn't.

Might well be a genuine fault or as you say connection. Normally coding device clear the errors. Your two errors seem genuine.

Newconclusion

Oct 26, 2022
Hey!

So my airbag lamp has turned on on my SEAT MII 2013.
I'm using a Autolink AL629 and got the following codes:

U015100 Lost Communication With Restraints Control Module
U112100 Databus missing message.

The lamp has been turned on for a while and a couple of months back I just tried to erase the codes. That worked for a couple of weeks.
Today I tried cleaning any grounding points and checking fuses. Also,I did disconnect the airbag sensor to see if there was any corrosion, but no luck.
The last last thing I did was to disconnect the battery for 20min or so.

Problem is now, that I can't even erase the codes. Maybe because I disconnected the sensor, don't know...

What to do now? Anyone has an idea?

Thanks!
Hi, did you manage to resolve this?

Tell

Staff member
Reckon some people take the battery off for that period then do a code clear after reconnecting it. If everything is working ok the errors are caused by disconnecting parts of the circuit whilst it's still live. The classic one is connecting a dash camera and pulling out wires. Other than that it's a connection issue or software...

Jul 2, 2023
Hi, did you manage to resolve this?
Not really no. I do however have a strong lead.

after checking around the net and talking to friends, the one thing that came up is the clean every grounding point on the car.

I was only able to find 1. After cleaning it and erasing the fault, it worked for several weeks and I could get the car through inspection.
But shortly after the airbag lamp turned on again.

I haven’t really tried that much now….

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.