Seat sound system

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Hi all
I am looking to upgrade to the Seat sound retro fit on my cupra 300 ST and was just wondering except for the centre console speaker and sub in the boot are the normal door speakers still the same?
To be truthful I think the normal speakers are pants and when I bought the car last year the rear drivers side speaker sometimes became a bit tinny like it was blown so I got it replaced under warranty and then it started to do it again on and off. Just wondering if it's still going to sound the same but just basically adds a sub with a bit more bass? Has anyone upgraded to the retro fit and if so what do they think of it?
Thanks

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi all
I am looking to upgrade to the Seat sound retro fit on my cupra 300 ST and was just wondering except for the centre console speaker and sub in the boot are the normal door speakers still the same?
To be truthful I think the normal speakers are pants and when I bought the car last year the rear drivers side speaker sometimes became a bit tinny like it was blown so I got it replaced under warranty and then it started to do it again on and off. Just wondering if it's still going to sound the same but just basically adds a sub with a bit more bass? Has anyone upgraded to the retro fit and if so what do they think of it?
Thanks
I have Seat Sound in my car as a factory-fitted option. I looked up for the audio parts section in official parts catalogue and I saw just a single set of speakers, there is no other set of premium speakers or something like that so it seems that all trim levels share the same speakers, only the number of them used in the car changes depending on the trim. Anyway, I'm mostly happy with the sound level but quality-wise it could be better, I guess.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Pig

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I have Seat Sound in my car as a factory-fitted option. I looked up for the audio parts section in official parts catalogue and I saw just a single set of speakers, there is no other set of premium speakers or something like that so it seems that all trim levels share the same speakers, only the number of them used in the car changes depending on the trim. Anyway, I'm mostly happy with the sound level but quality-wise it could be better, I guess.

Thanks for reply mate when you say depending on the trim levels depends on the number used how you mean? I thought all cupra had the same amount of speakers?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Thanks for reply mate when you say depending on the trim levels depends on the number used how you mean? I thought all cupra had the same amount of speakers?
I was talking about all Leons, not only Cupras. I mean base trim, Excellence, FR etc.

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I was talking about all Leons, not only Cupras. I mean base trim, Excellence, FR etc.

Ah ok mate thanks, I might go to my local car audio audio place near me that did my speakers in my Meg. Will be alot more money bit will change all of them

Reactions: serdar_18fr

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I have Seat Sound from factory too. Very good system, and excellent bass.
Thanks pal for your reply there is a place three hours from me in Yorkshire that fits them am just waiting to hear back how much it would cost to supply and fit and the system is £369

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
I had the standard speakers and upgraded to seat sound. It’s loads better and not just added bass. @East Yorkshire Retrofits did the work and I would highly recommend their service 👍

edit: I believe the door speakers are the same. You could also try adding sound deadening to the door cards, lots of posts on the forum about this. Supposedly the speakers sound a lot better with it done, although I haven’t personally done this so I can’t comment.

Last edited:

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I had the standard speakers and upgraded to seat sound. It’s loads better and not just added bass. @East Yorkshire Retrofits did the work and I would highly recommend their service 👍

edit: I believe the door speakers are the same. You could also try adding sound deadening to the door cards, lots of posts on the forum about this. Supposedly the speakers sound a lot better with it done, although I haven’t personally done this so I can’t comment.
Hi pal yeah that's the people I contacted about doing it in the new year, am just a bit worried about this rear drivers passenger door speaker, like said now and again it gets very tinny like it's blown which I thought it had done so I change the speaker and it still does it now and again so it can not be blown as it would always do It. Thanks for your reply pal I will also sort the sound deadening out aswell if it sounds better

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I think the biggest difference is probably the speaker in the middle of the dash.

Reactions: DaveMac
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members