Secondary water pump and fuse box problems

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
my secondary water pump has been working intermitant over the last couple of weeks wasnt sure if this was the wiring or the pump itself. only the other day i left my car ticking over when i noticed the temp rising higher than normal so i switched off straight away.
when looked at it the fans werent working or the secondary water pump. checked the fuse on the battery and the 30amp had melted in the fuse box. disconnected everything and got it home.
replaced the fuse and everything has been fine since but i dont want this happening again and even maybe bursting into flames! wot is the cause of this? is it the fuse box or the pump or something else? cheers

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Its a very common fault mate must have happened to 99% of people on here as for what causes it im not sure but normally requires new fuse holder and fuses, or just bypass the fuse holder and wire in a seperate fuse.

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
well it is fine now as i thought the fuse melting would of melted the fuse box internals but seems ok, but i think i had best get a new one just incase of flames!

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
No not the water pump it will have over headed because that is the fuse for the radiator fan, however water pumps are also a very common fault again and should be changed along with timing belt at 60000miles or 6 years.

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
no i meant the secondary water pump, cud this of been the fault that caused the fuse to melt? With it working intermitant and giving of incorrect voltages etc?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.