Show your brake setup

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Currently looking for some inspiration for my brake setup.

I've had a garage check my rotors to find one of the rear ones is slightly corroded after experiencing juddering under braking, the rear pads are also close to replacing.

Been eyeing up either grooved and drilled rotors or the hook style ones (got the 18" FR wheels so they will be highly visible). Typical it's the rear that needs doing so I need to do the front really as well if I upgrade the rear rotors/pads.

Have found some rotor/pads sets on ebay but the rotors are unbranded with mintex pads. Also they seem to include 4 vented rotors where as mine are only vented on the front.

Quite like the look of the black rotors as the center part will stay black as the rotor surface wears off (full set of black EBC hook style rotors with pads is not far off £800o_O).

At £800 i'm thinking do I just replace the rear rotor like for like and paint the calipers red to tidy it up.

Please share your brake setups to give me some ideas :cool:

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I had drilled disks on the car all round when I bought it 2 years ago. Front discs needed upgrading, and started cracking at the drilled holes, so went for plain discs instead.
IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
I had drilled disks on the car all round when I bought it 2 years ago. Front discs needed upgrading, and started cracking at the drilled holes, so went for plain discs instead.
Tempted to try the black hooked rotors from VBT supplied by Progressive Parts.

Rear needs new pads anyway but not sure if I can use my current front pads on the new rotors? Decent pads seem to be £50 a corner.

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
ori 18 FR wheels with black painted calipers from skoda superb

front two-part discs 340mm t-roc R > SHW VFX43901
rear discs 310mm oem cupra

front and rear discs vented

for additional anti-corrosion protection of the rear discs I used Wurth zinc (0893 114 112) and painted the disc bell

Attachments

• front_340mm_t-roc_R.jpg
    front_340mm_t-roc_R.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 42
  • rear_310mm.jpg
    rear_310mm.jpg
    825 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Loony R and Yoshi
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members