Sick of my Leon!

Monopot

Sorry having a bad month here and to top it all I am fed up with my unreliable Leon. Since I've had it (bought 2nd hand may last year, 03 cupra 10k miles) its been nothing but trouble. Its spending most of its time in the garage and there is no way in hell I'm holding onto this car when the warranty runs out.

So far its had
  • Replacement Turbo
  • Replacement power steering pump
  • Leaking turbo seal
  • Split breather pipe
  • Faulty rear wiper
  • Broken cup holder
  • Faulty air con
  • Dodgy handbrake
  • Flooded footwell!

The flooded footwell is the last straw for me. I got in the car yesterday to find no word of a lie, 2cm deep puddle in the passenger side footwell. I mopped it all out and rang seat, its actually going back in Thursday for another turbo so they can do this at the same time. Got in again this morning and there is that much water leaking in its spilling over into the back footwell now!!!

This is the worst make car I have ever had and will never ever go back to a Seat again. Sorry just having a rant! [:@]

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your car problems! It seems like you have just got a 'Bad Egg' rather than it being a bad car

I understand your frustration though but at least its all being done under Warranty

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
Blimey! That's that some pretty bad luck that you've had. It does sound like you have a lemon there. It may be worth getting rid of it.
Fingers crossed that your next car is nicer to you.

dobber

Its not just Seat that has flooding problems. You'll find that the Mk4 golf has htis problem too. My brother works for VW (used to be a VW + Audi dealership) both makes have frequent visitors fr the same things over and over, as im sure all dealers do. Its just a shame that you have a snotter of a car which has now dimmed your vierw on the whole of seat, of which i can understand.

I bet if you were to get another Leon you'd have no probs whatsoever.

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
Im sorry to hear that, i've had 3 leons and no dramas. like has been said, if you got another one you'd probably have no issues other than the usual. I'd be on a downer too

Monopot

Thanks guys. Yeah before the warranty runs out I'm getting shot of it and hopefully I'll have some better luck with the next one.

Oh and to top my horrid month I think I got caught on a camera today. Was plodding along at 25 in a 30 as I always go that way and know the cameras, but think my mind lapsed and the next thing I knew it said 35. Only day I've forgot my Origin B2 aswell! :cry:

Monopot

bushybeaver said:
Rental cars do 10k in 6 months, sounds like this is just one of those, sell it asap.

No its legit. The chap we got it from bought it new but fell ill after a short while so couldn't drive. He kept it for a while but then decided to sell and thats where I came in.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
Monopot said:
No its legit. The chap we got it from bought it new but fell ill after a short while so couldn't drive. He kept it for a while but then decided to sell and thats where I came in.
maybe he passed part of his illness unto the car as a way of finding a cure:headhurt: .
jokes apart.
get as much warrantee work done and flog it asap.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
You got to remember that cars are meant to be driven. If it sat doing nothing for a few months then that will dry out the seals in the aircon system and loose all the gas. Some of the other problems could be down to the lack of use too.