Sill guards

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah i got them on my candy white, they do look the part, and they are easy to clean, keep the sills clean so 10/10 for me

ill get some pictures up today

Last edited:

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Hi, price was 71.95 Euro + 5.95 Euro P&P. Used Paypal with the day exchange rate (1.08639) came to £71.70.

Ordered Friday 29th Oct, delivered by DHL Tues 2nd Nov.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
They look great BUT £71.70 for a bit of metal WOW. Thats a rip of only seen in VTEC modding circles!

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
RRP for Dealer supplied accessory is £90. (although you can probably get that down a bit).
I liked 'em, and I suppose its horses for courses.
Why any one would pay to put Viper stripes on anything but a Viper is beyond me, but you pays your money and takes you Choice ! :)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Fair play mate they are very nice. And to be honest i'd probably still pay the money. Its just they're very expensive for what they are.

handyandy

HandyAndy
Oct 14, 2009
Crewe
Hi, price was 71.95 Euro + 5.95 Euro P&P. Used Paypal with the day exchange rate (1.08639) came to £71.70.

Ordered Friday 29th Oct, delivered by DHL Tues 2nd Nov.
They look great (I have some larger photos from the supplier) and they would look good on my Candy White Boc.
Am I right in thinking that the black bit that sticks to the sills is just a thin plastic (will the edges turn up in time?) with the raised bit an anodized (powder coated) aluminium section? Seem a bit expensive if this is so...
but they would look good... Um

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
I have only had them out for a quick look, but the whole sill is pressed Alluminum, with the surface in anodised black (which is textured, not smooth). The Raised 'IBIZA' name plate is either Plastic or Aluminum, diffcult to tell on quick check I made when they arrived, but it is attched on the main metal sill, and not pressed through.

handyandy

HandyAndy
Oct 14, 2009
Crewe
Hi 4-candles,
Have you fitted the sill guards yet & are you pleased with them?
I am just about to oreder so thought I would ask.
cheers
HandyAndy

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Yes I have fitted them and I am pleased with the look.

th_Pic1.jpg

th_Pic2.jpg

Last edited:

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Yes it is Ruby Red. I have no more Pcitures of the Sills. Need a nice day an a better camera to hand.
But here are a couple of the Motor

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
:clap::clap:

Hahaa! Perfect! I'm going to have almost exactly the same looking Ibiza but with tinted windows. I'll most probably choose aluminium SEAT Sport sills instead of the black Ibiza ones.

Thanks for the photos, I'm really grateful! Did you choose the colour by yourself or was it democar and you had no other choice? Ruby red seems to be quite rare colour though.

Only cons I can make out from this is the disturbing ride height, odd that sport trim doesn't look any lower despite the sport suspension. On the other hand it could be solved with bigger rims.

Last edited:

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
I did pick colour and it was not a demo. But I did want one NOW! not in 4 months, so it was a case of checking all the dealer stocks to see what 1.6's were available (not a lot compared to 1.4's), then pick the colour/spec I wanted.
If I had been ordering I would have gone with 17" rims but the stock wheels do not look bad.

PLo

Hi I had them fitted by dealer FOC as car arrived late, they dont look like the ones shown in photo below, mine are stainless steel with Ibiza chemically etched in to it and are edged by a plastic beading, look really smart, a quick wipe with wd40 and they look like new against the yellow sills.
Hope this helps
PLo

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members