Slight problem...

Darren G

Hello everyone,

Ive been on the forum a while, but haven't really posted much. My friend has a candy white leon FR diesel. Hes had the car from new and had a JBS retune with DPF delete, the car was very quick after this. But wasn't as economical as it use to be in all honesty.

Anyway to the main problem, the car was left in a yard for while as he was going away for a couple of months. A lorry had reversed into the car and has damaged the roof very badly. Now the problem is he took the insurance of the car thinking he wouldn't be using the car and it would be safe in this yard. So we came to the conclusion that the best option would be to break the car and just cut the loses. What do you people think to this idea? We cant really think of another way to get money back as quick and easy as this solution. But where open to any other ideas? Oh and the damage is beyond repair :cry:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Darren G

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
Yes as above, you do not have to be insured,taxed or MOT'd to claim on someone else's policy. If the car was parked off the public highway then there is deffo no issues if he is at fault.

If you read the small print from any policy it usually states "nothing affects your rights to claim from a policy as a third party" or words to that effect

If the driver had reversed the lorry in to a building, the owners of the property would be able to claim. Same situation really

Darren G

I wish we could also do this, but know one got the details of the lorry driver. For some reason know one was around when this happened.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.