Smoke Face Boost/Oil Gauges?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Today i received my autogauge smoked boost and oil temp gauges along with my nomad pillar.

Ive noticed they are 3 wired and the wires are quite short, will they reach where ever they're supposed to go?

Because they're black out gauges, is there a way to wire them up so they light on ignition rather than light when the lights are switched on? it would be a bit of a pain if i could only read the gauges when my main lights are on :thumbd:

If anyone lives in the vicinity of N.Yorkshire and fancies earning themselves a few bob for a couple of hrs work fitting these, let me know. I dont want to try it myself as im no use with wires and i know i'll feck it up. :redface:

J.T

<a href="http://www.rd20vturbo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/boostgauge.html">Fitting Guide for Boost Guage</a>

This link goes to a site that has a guide that covers the wiring of a boost guage back light - should be just the same for your guages.

I remember I made the mistake of wiring to the wrong bit of the loom so my Boost Guage only lights when the lights are on :thumbd: - really must find time to rectify.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Anyone from the north want to earn some money? :idea:

Preferably someone who knows what they're doing :roflmao:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I have a boost gauge fron them and it lights up when you turn the iginition on (as does the lights on the dash anyway) i only conected the posative and earth up. And yes you will need to extend them

StuRox

Mitchy said:
Today i received my autogauge smoked boost and oil temp gauges along with my nomad pillar.

Ive noticed they are 3 wired and the wires are quite short, will they reach where ever they're supposed to go?

Because they're black out gauges, is there a way to wire them up so they light on ignition rather than light when the lights are switched on? it would be a bit of a pain if i could only read the gauges when my main lights are on :thumbd:

If anyone lives in the vicinity of N.Yorkshire and fancies earning themselves a few bob for a couple of hrs work fitting these, let me know. I dont want to try it myself as im no use with wires and i know i'll feck it up. :redface:

If you are really struggling, I am based at Stockton, just up the road from you, and I even had these gauges in my LCR, (bar the oil temp one) so I am avaible to help if you fancy a drive up the A19 :D

JMP

May 27, 2004
I have the smoke face boost gauge also, fitted to a-pilar. You need to extent the leads, they are just too short. I connected the light and ignition leads together and connected them to the dimmer switch for lights. Ground is easily available at the bottom of the fusebox, there is also a connection to ignition switched terminal available.

The boost gauge is very nice in dark conditions, but when its bright, you cant really see anything from it!

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Just fitted one of the autogauge smoke series boost gauge, unsure if it is lighting up, do you notice in the daylight if it is lit up?

I have connected to the dimmer lights blue/grey cable and brown cable, there are two in the dimmer light cluster of cables, I have used the thicker brown cable, is that correct? there was a thinner cable there.

Is it normal that when you start your car up it is like -25 vacum? just checking to see if all is right, thanks