Smoke from exhaust

Jun 17, 2023
Any advice would be great. Recently I noticed smoke coming from the exhaust of my 2017 plate Seat Leon FR when accelerating. This only happened when the car was warm. No signs of any leaks, no oil in the coolant, and the car is not overheating. If I let the car cool down, it stopped smoking and is fine on short journeys unless stood in traffic. I took it to the garage and after they took it out for a drive, it did the same for them once warm. They took the rocker cover off and it was full of oil and contamination. I have my car serviced every year. They flushed the system, replaced the rocker cover and put new oil and filters in. Everything seemed fine until I did a half an hour journey in which smoke appeared again once it was warm. I'm taking it back to the garage in the morning as I don't want to cause any damage when something is not quite right. Any ideas as to what could be the problem after having some work already done.
20230615_075456.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023
2.0TD and no oil consumption.
The garage have informed me this morning that they will check the pressure again on Thursday when I take it in for a new oil filter change after running it to make sure that there is no rubb8sh left over. They did mention that it will probably smoke off and on for a bit due to the amount of oil in the exhaust. Does this sound right?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Why is there oil in the exhaust would be my question.
Why did the rocker cover collect so much sludge in the first place.
You will get smoke from the exhaust when the dpt regenerates.