SOS and popping sounds

Jammers

Jan 3, 2023
It has gone in again - let us see what happens next!

Tho I think if I run the car in maximum private mode the problem may go away - does anyone have any luck here with that?

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire

Tho I think if I run the car in maximum private mode the problem may go away - does anyone have any luck here with that?
Hopefully they’ll sort it for you this time! I think I tried the max privacy option at one point but it still required updating properly.

Reactions: Jammers

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom

Yeah it does. If I'm logged in and it's set to use position, the SOS error will happen. If I log out and use the guest account (defaults to private mode), then everything works as it should.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
It appears fixed. The main software is still 1896 but whatever else they did seem to work.
If they update the telematic firmware that seems to solve the sos issue. Mines been ok since that was done.
All I have now since the ota update the infotainment system just reboots itself! If it’s not one thing!!

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
It appears fixed. The main software is still 1896 but whatever else they did seem to work.
Great news! Same as Shaun123 for me re the odd reboot. I forced a reboot about a week ago when the screen went black and it’s worked perfectly since. The only other problem I have is the auto handbrake sticks on every now and then. I think the rear brake callipers are not releasing. Press the manual paddle and they release straight away.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
If they update the telematic firmware that seems to solve the sos issue. Mines been ok since that was done.
All I have now since the ota update the infotainment system just reboots itself! If it’s not one thing!!
Bloke at the dealership when I booked mine in said it’s 50/50 between firmware and a full module replacement when they get those jobs. I'm hoping the firmware sorts it first. They're probably hoping the firmware fixes it long enough for the warranty to expire.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Bloke at the dealership when I booked mine in said it’s 50/50 between firmware and a full module replacement when they get those jobs. I'm hoping the firmware sorts it first. They're probably hoping the firmware fixes it long enough for the warranty to expire.
If you are started on 16xx firmware seems they need module replacement but if it started with 17xx seems software update does it. Don’t hold me to it but that’s what I’ve observed.

Reactions: Alex667

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Got my car back from the dealers on Monday (with 1898).

Had my suspicions I’d still have issues when I got the double-pop not even 200 metres down the road. Had a few random pops over the week, but headed into town today and got the SOS warning up on the dash as well as the GPS thinking it’s about 500 metres from where I actually was, and heading in the wrong direction to reality. Also got a random reset on the screen when I was heading home as well.

Will be going back in again for a module replacement by the look of it :(

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Got my car back from the dealers on Monday (with 1898).

Had my suspicions I’d still have issues when I got the double-pop not even 200 metres down the road. Had a few random pops over the week, but headed into town today and got the SOS warning up on the dash as well as the GPS thinking it’s about 500 metres from where I actually was, and heading in the wrong direction to reality. Also got a random reset on the screen when I was heading home as well.

Will be going back in again for a module replacement by the look of it :(
That’s not good at all. Would it be worth trying a different SEAT dealer as clearly some are better than others? Blackpool SEAT had mine for a couple of days and cleared all the faults

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
The service dude said it was at literally only half the cars they get with this being fixed only by software. The rest need a module replacement. Sounded like they deal with it a lot.

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
I have had exactly the same problem, with the car thinking I am going cross country near Cardiff when I was really on the M25, and the pops on the radio. Dealer had the car two days and replaced 2 modules + updated software on a couple more.

Reactions: Alex667
Jan 18, 2023
Finally got my car into the dealer on Wednesday to sort this. It sounds like they've botched the software updates and after waiting for 2 days to hear from SEAT Technical they've been told they'll have to order a new control unit. These are on back order and they have no idea when they'll be delivered! Estimated at least another week stuck in the garage but will likely be longer than this.

Has anyone else experienced this, by new control unit do they mean the entire infotainment system?

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Spent two weeks in Devon recently and not one popping sound or error at all. Get back near home and guess what! So frustrating.

I also had, for the first time, the brakes would not auto-relesse, bit embarrassing at the traffic lights in a city!

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Apart from the screen rebooting every now and then (once a fortnight) the software on my 21 CUPRA Leon seems ok after the dealer sorted the updates. The auto handbrake still sticks sometimes and it’s very annoying and I think slightly dangerous at busy roundabouts/junctions etc. If it does stick, I just release it by using the manual switch which always releases it straight away.

Reactions: Mirador
Apr 15, 2023
My Cupra formentor gas the OS version 1900, and after changed the control Unit it still call the SOS with an assourd velocity. Should i press the SOS Button when it does this sound? I use the app of Cupra, so it will be difficult to use the guest. Any suggest?

Deleted member 123864

I wonder is this a UK thing? I have had my Irish Leon since Jan 2021 and have never experienced the double pop noise in over 50k Kms of driving. I had cause to be in Northern Ireland yesterday and it happened several times around Belfast.

I'm in Scotland now and will advise if it happens today. Is there something abnormal (apart from the obvious) about the UK?

Reactions: Railwayman

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I wonder is this a UK thing? I have had my Irish Leon since Jan 2021 and have never experienced the double pop noise in over 50k Kms of driving. I had cause to be in Northern Ireland yesterday and it happened several times around Belfast.

I'm in Scotland now and will advise if it happens today. Is there something abnormal (apart from the obvious) about the UK?
Is there a difference between the Irish and UK mobile system/frequencies? It's the only answer I can think of as I live in a rural area and only hear the popping when I enter urban areas with a 5G signal present.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.