Speaker Advice Wanted

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
Hi,

I have read soooo many different threads on here about upgrading the somewhat sh*te standard speakers on the Leon....

Now my question is, what speakers do people recommend ?
I've seen most people have gone for the Infinity Kappas, but are these good at all ranges ? (i.e. Bass, treble, etc) which ones are the best all rounders ??

Thanks for your help

Julian

ircool

Zennith TFSI FR
Dec 5, 2006
While we are on the subject... has anyone fitted a sub / bass-tube over and above the necessary speaker upgrade? If you get the infinities is it worth it?

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
While we are on the subject... has anyone fitted a sub / bass-tube over and above the necessary speaker upgrade? If you get the infinities is it worth it?

Good question, I'd like to know this too ! :D

Davros

I replaced the stock front speakers with infinitys, and found them somewhat lacking in bass, and turning up the bass made them distort, however the highs and mids were much more defined.

I fitted a FLI 12" active sub in the boot, easy job (when you've worked out what you're doing), and only about £120 all in, there's plenty of space in the leon boot for it and lots more.

My thread below describes the fitting process.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117628

My car now sounds awesome, i now have the head unit bass on 0, so the front speakers aren't being driven too hard, and the sub makes up for it.

bellamy06

Jun 23, 2007
i found that a set of alpine spr-17ls were more than capable of handling a lot of power and a lot of volume
the mid range bass was phenominal, the vocal was also and the trebble from the tweeters was fantastic!!
looking at aound £100 for a pair

tom

adyfr

Speakers component

:help: Hi, I was just wondering why no one has fitted the infinity component speakers to compliment the setup already in the fr. Am i missing something or is it hard to do? Thanks Ady:

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
i found that a set of alpine spr-17ls were more than capable of handling a lot of power and a lot of volume
the mid range bass was phenominal, the vocal was also and the trebble from the tweeters was fantastic!!

tom

I am looking into buying the above Alpine speakers for my FR when it arrives in a few weeks :funk: I brought Infinitys for a car before and found them a bit tinny as someone said above so it's put me off hearing they may still be the same. Not had an Alpine speaker before but friends have back in the day and they were good.
Any more opinions on the Infinitys?
Any other options?

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs

tom

How did you get on fitting these? Any issues before I commit to buy? :confused:

LordElric

Aug 30, 2006
Chalkida,Greece
I am gonna install speakers,subwoofer,and 3 amplifiers quite soon,so stand by for pics and opinion (still got seat's headunit,as i really need the bluetooth)

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
i've just had my pioneer sat nav, ipod kit, subwoofer and parrott carkit fitted. now, obviously this isn't the cheapest way to do things but i had these bits in my last car so it was transplanted and sounds great!
i left the standard speakers alone as the sub will handlt bass/mid bass and the speakers will effectively act as satellites and works well in this configuration!
i will get some pics posted on the weekend as im driving down to london tonight so the car will get its first day out :)

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006

tom

Hi Mate,

In the past I have always found that running a component set with a crossover has required an amp to get good sounds out ?
I guess from what you have said that you haven't got an amp in your setup ?
Anyone else care to comment on this ?
Also are the tweeters easy to install ?

Cheers

Julian

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
Just ordered a pair of infinity from ebay seller rick355s
Made an offer of £50.00 and it was accepted.:whistle:
roll on next week when i fit them
:funk::funk::funk::funk::funk::funk::funk::funk: