Spent an obscene amount at Awesome yesterday!

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Spent the full day at Awesome in Irlam, Manchester yesterday getting the following fitted:

R600 intake with turbo elbow and silicone intake hose
APR front mount intercooler
Milltek cat back exhaust

Booked in at Unicorn on Friday for a custom remap.

Haven't got any pics yet though. Will upload some after the remap. Just hope it's all worth it!

Have to say really impressed with Awesome and their setup. Put the stuff on the car with no hassle very quickly. You can tell they know what they are doing.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Sounds good. I’ve recently added a Ramair intake pipe and elbow, and APR filter. Have you noticed any difference in the drive from the intercooler and intake upgrades? Is your car stage 1 already?

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Sounds good. I’ve recently added a Ramair intake pipe and elbow, and APR filter. Have you noticed any difference in the drive from the intercooler and intake upgrades? Is your car stage 1 already?
No the car was bog standard before the mods, so after the map I suppose it will effectively be stage 1+ as I've still got the OEM downpipe and GPF in place.

To be honest I've not had chance to really drive it in anger yet. I drove home from Awesome in the heaviest traffic ever and it was the same on the way to work today. Plus I got told years ago from a stainless exhaust manufacturer to always let a new stainless exhaust go through a few steady warm up and cool down cycles before you hammer it.

I must say though I'm really impressed with how quiet the exhaust is during day to day driving. You can hardly tell it from OEM which is exactly what I wanted. I don't mind it loud when hammering it but I want something that not going to annoy the neighbours/ drone like hell on the motorway. The tailpipes also look really cool.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members